Ibs Brewing Systems

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hughyg

Reaction score
I tried using the seach function but couldnt find much info on the IBS brewmaster systems. Does anyone have one of these? I saw a microbrewery that uses a brewmaster 1000 2E and it got thinking..... How much would it cost to set a brewery up with this type of system? And how much can one produce?
Cheers
HG

Would look great in the garage but a bit too hard for me to hoist the bag :p

IBS_brewmaster.jpg

I swear that's what Eagle Heights brewery uses..........Looks almost identical.

I can remember standing there lusting over it while looking at my first born and wondering what her market value was :p

There's one of those at the Rydges Hotel brewery in Campbelltown. Looks very nice, shame about the beers that come out of it.

cheers

grant

There's one of those at the Rydges Hotel brewery in Campbelltown. Looks very nice, shame about the beers that come out of it.

cheers

grant

That one at Rydges is a 500L system. Cost about $120k installed. System is imported by IBS from China
The head brewer there is still learning. Top bloke though

How would you remove the spent grain from the mash tun with one of those?

That one at Rydges is a 500L system. Cost about $120k installed. System is imported by IBS from China

Aaah, still very impressive to look at and the cost is a drop in the bucket when you look at what they spent on the Hotel and convention centre.

Who is the brewer there now?

cheers

grant

Aaah, still very impressive to look at and the cost is a drop in the bucket when you look at what they spent on the Hotel and convention centre.

cheers

grant

The brewer is Alan, he's the cellarman for the Catho. He was thrown into the job as brewer, no previous experience.

$500K included all the licencing and ATO rips. I think the system and brewery bits like clear tanks and associated cold rooms was around the $150-180K mark.

I think Ross has a better idea of the actual cost and break up?

Chap Chap

cheers

grant

cheers

grant

sorry :icon_offtopic: but they still are making beer here? Worth trying at least?

$500K included all the licencing and ATO rips. I think the system and brewery bits like clear tanks and associated cold rooms was around the $150-180K mark.

I think Ross has a better idea of the actual cost and break up?

Chap Chap
So is that 500K plus 180K??? Like a 700K!!! Damn I dont have that kinda money! Was thinking I might see change from 200K. As in enough to put in a "brewery door" and a sweet ass coffee machine.

sorry :icon_offtopic: but they still are making beer here? Worth trying at least?

The beer is getting better all the time. The main problem is there's not a huge turnover, so Al doesn't get to brew often enough to get his methods consistant.

He has a real enthusiasm though, and he has been getting some good advice lately (not just from me :lol: ). Go on Friday arvo, the beers are half price.

Latest posts

Back