I wonder who?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With ebay, it's great that you can decide if you want to deal with the seller or not just by looking at their feedback score.
Too many unhappy customers & the seller's feedback score is lowered. I often base my purchases on this bit of info alone.
Ripping people off is about as low as you can go & if you state facts only, you shouldn't be liable for naming someone or their business.
I feel quite a lot of people reading the article won't even know who they're talking about.

Ohhhhh, so that's who we're talking about..

(in case it wasn't obvious already..)

Crusty said:
I find it terribly sad that you can't speak openly about someone that has clearly ripped you off.
Because unfortunately people can, and do, make shit up and rant online or in public.

Obviously whats occurred with the company in the Crafty Pint article is without a doubt legit and horrible, but theres been a history of people spreading crap and thus why the laws exist.

Hopefully after administrators do their job, the poor bloke and blokettes can recover some of their money.

zeggie said:
Because unfortunately people can, and do, make shit up and rant online or in public.

Obviously whats occurred with the company in the Crafty Pint article is without a doubt legit and horrible, but theres been a history of people spreading crap and thus why the laws exist.

Hopefully after administrators do their job, the poor bloke and blokettes can recover some of their money.
I agree with your last sentence,but sadly the "little bloke" being at the end of the queue therefore insignificant ,usually gets SFA.
Which is bloody wrong.....

sp0rk said:
Interesting, their American site is still live...
...and attached to a mobile phone number "in" Sandpoint, Idaho, town of 7200 people largely in the middle of nowhere. That there is white supremacist country. Odd place to settle such a major business ;)

Mardoo said:
...and attached to a mobile phone number "in" Sandpoint, Idaho, town of 7200 people largely in the middle of nowhere. That there is white supremacist country. Odd place to settle such a major business ;)
Hmm not necessarily so, the USA is a funny place to do business, each state has its own laws, taxes come down to the County/City level as well. Often you get tax breaks as an incentive to start a business or move a business to that City. Corporate law works differently as well, which is why many credit card companies and banks are based in either Delaware or Nevada and Wyoming has some of the most protective laws for company directors privacy.

Maybe he just likes potatoes?

You should be asking that of your professional advisors.

fraser_john said:
Hmm not necessarily so, the USA is a funny place to do business, each state has its own laws, taxes come down to the County/City level as well. Often you get tax breaks as an incentive to start a business or move a business to that City. Corporate law works differently as well, which is why many credit card companies and banks are based in either Delaware or Nevada and Wyoming has some of the most protective laws for company directors privacy.

Maybe he just likes potatoes?
Fair enough.

Edit: Re-reading my original post I was a bit irresponsible in my writing. I didn't mean to imply that the person in question might be a white supremacist. I just found it an odd place to site a business, but as FJ has pointed out, there are a lot of reasons for putting a business somewhere.

However, ripping people off, all at the time one is entertaining big dreams of expansion, is shit. Unfortunately the two often go hand in hand.

westbrook0 said:
So what are my chances of getting my $3160 deposit back?
What name was on the invoice or receipt for the deposit?

Mardoo said:
KKK loan and mortgage company gives out cheap loans over there, and they never get anyone defaulting.

Core Brewing Concepts is a business name only he and his partner are personally responsible for any debts incurred, I would be going to the small claims and starting from there. It will only cost you a few dollars to start the ball rolling and I don't doubt you will win, then you can put it in the hands of the sheriff.
Though there is a chance they would bankrupt themselves but then they will lose their companies.
Serving of documents to, 36 Mermaid Grove, Lyndhurst Vic 3975

Still on ebay and the only mention of the business name is in the product description......

Latest posts

Back