I Sometimes Think Of Stopping Brewing !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
Maybe its the cold weather.

perhaps I have just lost interest,

could be the time of life,

a burner has broken ,I have to buy a new one,

I dont even post much,

could be the male menapause,

I only have one beer on tap its really nice,

But perhaps I need to do someting more in life,

sometimes I enjoy a hot Milo more .

Its depressing ,

I feel like jumping off the Sydney Harbour bridge with a sack of Grolsh bottle tied around my neck .

I see dead people .

Grumpy :(

i have taken some time away from brewing (because i could not brew :) ) and it bought it all back when i got back to aus.

its for the love of beer - not a job so brew for fun and not as a job then you should be fine.

i have 4 fermenters farting away next to me - apart from the stink each morning i love them like my own :)

Your time of the month, Pumpy? :)

I haven't brewed for ages either, haven't drunk a lot either! I almost feel like brewing again soon.

It makes me feel a bit better that others go through quiet periods of brewing

Pumpy :(

I've had times like that. You need to force yourself to brew and the aromas and sense of making a special beer will bring back the passion and remind you why we brew.

OR a good mate would bluntly tell me....

HTFU and hand me some decent booze.

Pumpy once your last keg blows and youve been down to the bottlo and you come home and try and enjoy a bottle of cardboard you paid $6 for, im sure the joys of brewing will come rushing back.

I feel like jumping off the Sydney Harbour bridge with a sack of Grolsh bottle tied around my neck .

Grumpy :(

I've got a big rock in the backyard Pumpy. I'll bring it with me tomorrow night. I'll swap you for the grolsch bottles, they will bring 50 cents each on ebay.

Cheers, Hoges.

Its good you care Gout ,AdamT Kierem & Damian44

but sometimes I enjoy a weak cup of Earl Grey Tea and an Arrowroot biscuit or an Arnotts iced Vo Vo more than beer.

pumpy :(

Pumpy, if you don't turn up tomorrow, I am calling the police.

I've got a big rock in the backyard Pumpy. I'll bring it with me tomorrow night. I'll swap you for the grolsch bottles, they will bring 50 cents each on ebay.

Cheers, Hoges.

How can people be so unkind ( quote Kamal)

Hogan when I am having a depression anxiety attack ,you want to get rid of me quicker, so you can get your hands on my Grolsh bottles .

Its good you care Gout ,AdamT Kierem & Damian44

but sometimes I enjoy a weak cup of Earl Grey Tea and an Arrowroot biscuit or an Arnotts iced Vo Vo more than beer.

well you are a bloody pohm!

:icon_cheers:

Pumpy, if you don't turn up tomorrow, I am calling the police.

Thanks MCT , they may not find me at the bottom of the harbour .

I probably come if not just to see the guys , but to see the cheerful blonde ,who serves us pizza fall night for little or no tip and a lot of sexual abuse by Adrian.

I may have a warm glass of water and a piece of dried bread instead of everyones homebrew .

You know what, Pumpy, we poms don't have to go through all this nonsense - we can just nip out to the pub and enj...

...err,

oh yeah...

Come on Pumpy, stiff upper lip and all that, I think I know how you feel.
A few months ago I couldn't raise the enthusiasm for brewing and actually had dry kegs for several weeks, even thought of selling my equipment, I left it in the shed and looked at it very weekend and eventually the desire to brew returned and that first Sunday morning back in the shed was really enjoyable.

I don't brew as much now and I drink a lot less but this hobby is a passion that might wax and wain but is something I think you can never really get out of your system. You'll get the urge to brew again, just be patient.

Cheers
Andrew

well you are a bloody pohm!

:icon_cheers:

I have been in Australia for a long time now and still get racially vilified for having a funny accent and drinking warm brown beer and whinging .

pumpy - go and buy a hahn ice.... then spew it up..... then buy a quality beer and whinge about the price....... ponder 10 min... then brew and your will return to your normal sane self

edit: i took 3 years off due to work - and i love brewing as much or more than when i last brewed a beer...... take a rest and you will be back in the brewery when your ready - just dont sell up as you WILL be back in the brewery

It's OK Pumpy, we're all sad that Kyle Sandilands' career is finished but please don't take it out on your brewing.

Be strong mate. Mick.

You know what, Pumpy, we poms don't have to go through all this nonsense - we can just nip out to the pub and enj...

...err,

oh yeah...

I miss the PuB scruffy

Pumpy - PM me your address and i'll send you a box of tissues.

Not sure if your taking the piss or not but you're previous night time opening threads leads me to believe there is something behind what you are saying. I suggest taking a few months off brewing, spend a shit load on drinking normal piss and im sure you'll be tearing at the bit to brew something decent after that

Cheers
Steve

Oh.... and dont make light of depression.

Come on Pumpy, stiff upper lip and all that, I think I know how you feel.
A few months ago I couldn't raise the enthusiasm for brewing and actually had dry kegs for several weeks, even thought of selling my equipment, I left it in the shed and looked at it very weekend and eventually the desire to brew returned and that first Sunday morning back in the shed was really enjoyable.

I don't brew as much now and I drink a lot less but this hobby is a passion that might wax and wain but is something I think you can never really get out of your system. You'll get the urge to brew again, just be patient.

Cheers
Andrew

Maybe your right Andrew life has never been the same since Browndog set your sausages on fire at Batz birthday party breakfast

I ll not worry about it too much and perhaps the passion will return.

Latest posts

Back