Keezer Project

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MastersBrewery

Journeyman, the learning never stops
Reaction score
I have been looking for a new kegging system since I moved. I still have my Matilda Bay dual font going but varriety is the spice of life. Sunday I picked up a 200L chesty for $50, it was looking a little worse for ware,but a bit of a clean and it's all good. I opened up the compressor compartment and there was the odd dead mouse, actually 6. A quick blow down with the gurney and I could finaly see the wiring. The earth to the thermo had been eaten through, looks like it had been triping someones house(all good for me) and I tested before finding the broken wire and was running well.
Today I did a little shopping, 3.6m 240x42 DAR primed(cheapest but hell cost more than the freezer) I probably could have gotten away with 200, some wood glue, aluminium angle, new hole saw(my old hole saw is lost in storage),and wood putty (no one is that good with a saw less it's ya job).

Note I have all sorts of kegs: 6x cornys (4 are new kk) 2x converted pinlocks 2x 20L mytton rod 2x 18L mytton rod; and 4x mytton rod 18L screw tops with pin lock post that I'm not using ( will be used for sours and long term conditioning).
With the 240mm collar the tallest (20L) keg will fit on the hump no drama.
I got the collar made today but forgot pics I'll make sure to post some tomorrow.

MB

Sounds like a good build, keep us posted.

If you can, think about hinging the lid and the collar separately. Then you can lift the lid to attach lines etc and lift out empty kegs but lift the collar and lid together to add full kegs. Makes life a whole lot easier, particularly if you can tidy the lines so they're mainly in the collar when it's lifted.

Latest posts

Back