I Sometimes Think Of Stopping Brewing !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just went to the Monthly brewers meet tonight and was inspired by all the guys ,plus all the guys on the forum, i must make mention to you guys during my time of need .

thanks heaps pumpy :)

Thanks again
Gout
Adamt
Kierem
Damien44
Hogan
MCT
Scruffy
Andrew QLD
Steve
Tidal Pete
clean brewer
Franko
budweiser
Peas & Korn
raven19
foles
Muggus
katie
Dunno
Zwickle
Pete2501
Brewer Pete
matti
warra48
yardy
Batz
Maxt
Frazer John
Duc Stu
reg
DARREN
briebyG
Johhno
elec
Johhny Anchovi
Renegade
makfish
Komodo

Good...

Now all you need to do is slap your nuts on a yeast pack, HTFU and have a good pint of Bitter :)

"live never puts more on your plate than you can handle"... might not feel like it sometimes but its true... got me though rough times.

took a massive break from brewing due to lack of interest. its normal. pumpy, change is inevitable.. if you feel depressed/upset because of your apparent disinterest in brewing, it seems generally like a 'signal' that you're "losing" something.. in which case its probably a good gentle reminder to expand your interests so that as you naturally ebb and flow from ideas and hobbies you never feel like you've lost anything.

ain't been brewing much.. bought a full quad keg setup and bits for a full HERMS build in like, february or something.. it's still not usable, thanks to uni (it's like working, except you pay for it!) 60+ hours a week... but i'll get there, just like i'm sure you'll have your time away from the brewery and come back to it... or alternatively find a new hobby interest that you are passionate about.

edit: posted after you did! (the good concepts still apply, but maybe the tense is now wrong..) :)

snipped>

sometimes I enjoy a hot Milo more .

I didn't get mentioned on your list so I am off to make a hot milo myself and think about my future, hot milk and milo :super:

just went to the Monthly brewers meet tonight and was inspired by all the guys ,plus all the guys on the forum, i must make mention to you guys during my time of need .

Thanks again
Gout
Adamt
Kierem
Damien44
Hogan
MCT
Scruffy
Andrew QLD
Steve
Tidal Pete
clean brewer
Franko
budweiser
Peas & Korn
raven19
foles
Muggus
katie
Dunno
Zwickle
Pete2501
Brewer Pete
matti
warra48
yardy
Batz
Maxt
Frazer John
Duc Stu
reg
DARREN
briebyG
Johhno
elec
Johhny Anchovi
Renegade
makfish
Komodo

:eek:

Now I feel worse...

:(

Thanks again
Gout
Adamt
Kierem
Damien44
Hogan
MCT
Scruffy
Andrew QLD
Steve
Tidal Pete
clean brewer
Franko
budweiser
Peas & Korn
raven19
foles
Muggus
katie
Dunno
Zwickle
Pete2501
Brewer Pete
matti
warra48
yardy
Batz
Maxt
Frazer John
Duc Stu
reg
DARREN
briebyG
Johhno
elec
Johhny Anchovi
Renegade
makfish
Komodo
I didnt get a mention,so you can get back to being depressed.Black Betty is watching.
GB

I didnt get a mention,so you can get back to being depressed.Black Betty is watching.
GB

Does he still get the hops ? :lol:

Komodo, if you want to talk about stuff without inhibition, don't hesitate to PM me. Sometimes it's good to get stuff off your chest/shoulders. Being that we don't know each other from a bar of soap, I can be impartial, but understanding. Also often verbose. Perhaps we can be each other's counsellers. There's still enough hippie idealism in my soul to both destroy me and yet qualify me as a card-carrying alternative-man-psychologist in equal measures.

Pumpy, same deal. But I will mirror what has been said, and hope you ain't taking the piss.

Cheers,

Stu

thanks heaps pumpy

Updated thaks list did not mean to forget anyone :)

Thanks again
Gout
Adamt
Kierem
Damien44
Hogan
MCT
Scruffy
Andrew QLD
Steve
Tidal Pete
clean brewer
Franko
budweiser
Peas & Korn
raven19
foles
Muggus
katie
Dunno
Zwickle
Pete2501
Brewer Pete
matti
warra48
yardy
Batz
Maxt
Frazer John
Duc Stu
reg
DARREN
briebyG
Johhno
elec
Johhny Anchovi
Renegade
makfish
Komodo
Schooey
Gryphon Brewing
Renegade

I didn't respond to this pumpy coz I honestly thought you were trolling. If you were you should win an award for troller of the century.

I am a bit up and down with everything I do, brewing especially. I think though that sometimes there are very good health reasons for me personally to slow down the drinking.

I'm carrying a few extra kilos so have problems getting back on a shortboard. Went and bought a 9'6'' mal, problem solved. That sport is dependant at what mother nature chucks at me though. As is my other love, fishing. That's something I walked away from for about 10 years while I was chasing a chopper pilot's job, never happened. When I moved up here the wind blew so bloody hard that no fishing could be done which got me into brewing.

Get another hobby as a back up Pumpy. Maybe one that involves getting out and getting the blood going. Your a pom, indoor cricket maybe!

Here's my take on it. If you don't feel like brewing for a while it may be because your body doesn't feel like drinking so don't do it. All the knobs on here telling you to HTFU can go and sod off. It's a hobby, it's not compulsory. B)

If I find out that you are sitting at home pissing yourself coz this thread was actually a big troll you should probably avoid actually ever meeting me though! :angry:

thanks heaps pumpy

Updated thaks list did not mean to forget anyone :)

Thanks again
Gout
Adamt
Kierem
Damien44
Hogan
MCT
Scruffy
Andrew QLD
Steve
Tidal Pete
clean brewer
Franko
budweiser
Peas & Korn
raven19
foles
Muggus
katie
Dunno
Zwickle
Pete2501
Brewer Pete
matti
warra48
yardy
Batz
Maxt
Frazer John
Duc Stu
reg
DARREN
briebyG
Johhno
elec
Johhny Anchovi
Renegade
makfish
Komodo
Schooey
Gryphon Brewing
Renegade

I'm looking.

Must be a typo :huh:

Komodo, if you want to talk about stuff without inhibition, don't hesitate to PM me.

Shes right cobber. Thanks for the offer all the same. You're right sometimes just getting it off your chest for someone else to hear is all you need - and I gotta admit I actually woke up this morning feeling a bit more chipper after posting that last night.

Like the others have said depression, anxiety etc are no laughing matter. Don't get me wrong I'm the first one to say buck up charlie and get one with it. But depression and related conditions are real and something blokes in particular are a bit prone to ignore.
I guess to a certain extent as a bloke if one of your mates tells you they are suffering depression you dont really know what to do and thats really why most of us go "dont worry - lets head to the pub and forget about it"
In a way I think its "almost" harder to be that person in many cases than to be the person suffering depression (once they have worked out, or been told, whats wrong).

Thankfully there is seemingly more help available these days than in past times - but help is only good if you take it.
Also if you think a freind has depression seeking advice from some of these aid services is good to for helping you deal with / help someone suffering diagnosed or undiagnosed depression.

I've actually done a fair bit of events work with a freind who does a lot of stuff with SANE and Beyond Blue etc. after she had a breakdown overseas backpacking. Its amazing how a minor case of the blues can quickly develop into full blown depression &/or other "mental illness" if you don't "snap out of it" soon enough.

Any way i'll jump off my soap box now.

Good to hear your feeling a bit better about it all Pumpy!

Chuffed to hear that there is a bit of a positive swing on things for you Pump and Komodo.
It's good to 'air' our feelings once and awhile.
I've gotta say Pumpy the forum would be a lonlier place without you.
What would we do without your poetry ??

Why we would all feel sad.

I mean it would be bad.

If AHB's poet

Wasn't making a go of it...

Without the gravel

Our mirth would unravel.

We would Miss you Pumpy !

Our Mash would be lumpy.

Don't go mate

Just have a wait.

Soon you will see

That brewing is meant to beeeeeeee.

:ph34r:

:rolleyes:

Mate I'm going through a bit of it myself at the moment. (not just brewing related)

I work in a family business so a career change isnt on the cards. Over all im happy with my career just not happy with where i am in my career just at the moment (probably be in this rut for another 2 years unfortunately)

My partner has recently had an almighty blew with her family and as such they wont speak to her and thats causing issues for us as a couple and between us.

We want to get married but cant afford to and now because of the crap with her family we are concidering eloping but dont really have the cash to do that. My parents will lend us the cash but that causes friction between my partner and I because she feels that its unfair that my family is willing to always help us out and wont have it that my family is "our" family.

We're in the middle of home renovation and shit just seems to be continually going wrong. The dog has eatten all the window frames. I dug up the back yard to replace all my storm water pipes cost me a few grand but i got the water tank going (its a "wet" or flooded system) it laster a few weeks but now its pring a leak so i have a 9000L water tank with about 1500L in it and a back yard thats replicating a swamp.

I had a new fence made and installed. All steel with welded mesh inserts. But to get the 1.5tonne excavator in to dig the back yard the fence had to be pulled out.

I had foxtel installed but the installer did an average (at best) job and left the cables exposed which the dog then distroyed.

The dog has this week has gotten under the house and distroyed all the ducting for all the ducted heating.

To top it off my lady has recently developed "lady" problems with her lady bits which is causing her a bit of stress (which I actually believe is caused by the stress with her family stuff)

I've just been hit with the info that I have to buy my company car off the company in march (i know its a while off but I thought it was march 2011 i had to buy it so im a little screwed financially) if i want to keep it. Now the whole reason I requested the company vehicle I currently drive is so that I could buy it out at the end of the lease to tour australia in it with my partner and eventual rug rats.
Plus with the blew my partner has had with her family (whom she used to work for) means that she has lost her car so I need to buy another car.

So i guess for me I'm at where your at with brewing with my house and life in general at the moment.

All I can do is cop it on the chin and hope that my luck changes soon and think about the fact that it could be worse. At least i've got a roof over my head and both myself and my partner have our health and a reasonably good lifestyle over all.

f**** me! hope it all works itself out

Hope you have some better luck Komodo.

Chill out for a bit Pumpy and drinking commercial beer will get you brewing again. I may have 5 months off brewing then pump out 4 or 5 double batches in a month!

Henno, sorry to hear you had to get a mal. im thinking of a fish to help my unfit self get into a few more.

I must admit, the problem for me is to find 3-5 hours for the mashing and cleanup, pitching and bottling is not too bad. ATM i seem to only find one sat or sun morning every 6 weeks for brewing. That's a problem for me because supply can't meet demand, i'm putting out a brew every 2 months and drinking a brew a month.... part of my problem is also deciding what to brew and getting the ingredients crushed in time. I've had the odd occasion when i could have brewed but didn't have the grain.
Anyhow i bought a motorbike to cater for my mid life crisis and i still need to work on the house and spend time with the kids so it's a bitza affair...
I hope as the weather improves i may be able to brew on the terrace and paint the window frames at the same time ;)
I think they will need at least 20 coats of paint!

Brewing is something i do because i like the result rather than the process, which differs from a lot of people here. Many here like the process as much as the result.

Maybe its the cold weather.

perhaps I have just lost interest,

could be the time of life,

a burner has broken ,I have to buy a new one,

I dont even post much,

could be the male menapause,

I only have one beer on tap its really nice,

But perhaps I need to do someting more in life,

sometimes I enjoy a hot Milo more .

Its depressing ,

I feel like jumping off the Sydney Harbour bridge with a sack of Grolsh bottle tied around my neck .

I see dead people .

Grumpy :(

Get rid of that photo of the empty glass on the bottom of your page. Either take it away or replace it with a glass full of beer. I believe this could be the problem. No worries.

Latest posts

Back