I Forgot To Boil To Wort

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beernography

Reaction score
I just realised after putting down my last brew, that I'd forgotten to boil the wort up after mixing the contents of the can + water. I also did this with my last brew which has just been bottled.. is this likely to affect the flavour/quality of the beer?

I just realised after putting down my last brew, that I'd forgotten to boil the wort up after mixing the contents of the can + water. I also did this with my last brew which has just been bottled.. is this likely to affect the flavour/quality of the beer?

No. Just pour can of goop in fermenter, pour boiling water into the can to get everything out, pour that in the fermenter and stir. Simple.
Cheers
Steve

hi,
if you have not added extra hops for bitterness , flavour , then it should not affect the beer, after all, the instructions on the can say pour a couple of litres of hot water in with the can contents.

have a good one. cheers

Qualifier: NOT SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE

Apparently giving the wort from the can a quick 15 min boil can help to reduce the "extract twang" some people talk about.
Other than that, so long as the can+water was hot enough to kill any nasties you shouldn't have any issues.

Too easy, thanks lads.

My first few brews I boiled them up, then I got cocky and stopped checking with the book. I think I prefer to boil the wort though, one brew I boiled up for ages tasted a lot nicer than one that I didn't boil for as long. Hope these new ones aren't scheizerhausen :icon_vomit:

Back