I F@$#%ing Hate Cityrail!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know there was a problem with Redfern until the rellies said "You went where, you did what ? :eek: :eek: :eek: "

Redfern isn't THAT bad provided you stay out of the block. I used to catch the train to uni and get off there, never had an issue during daylight.

buses do replace trains but it takes twice as long and not worth it really as I would be leaving home late-ish...

Sydney's public transport is C-R-A-P!!

Best to have a crappy public transport system than none at all. Us poor country folk dream of (cheap) public transport - we pay our taxes and subsidise you city blokes and all you can do is whinge that the times don't suit you ! :ph34r:

rant over :party:

Sometimes I love cityrail.
I had a nice half empty carriage this morning, free of coastie bogans.
Perfect conditions to read my book.

:icon_offtopic:

When I see this thread in the leatest threads box, I keep misreading it as "I F@$#%ing Hate Crystal!!" and think that Jovial Monk has returned.

I'm dragging this again becasue i am going to top gear this week and guess what? Trackwork between Lidcombe and Olympic Park!

So you cant get on a train to Olympic park from the South Line Ok if you are coming from the city

There are gonna be thousands of people getting to SOP this weekend and they do this FREAKING CRAZY!!

:angry:

No offence, DJ, but they gotta do the trackwork. There's something on every weekend, so... short straw.

no offence taken :) ... just annoys me...

SWMBO doesnt listen to me, have to vent somewhere!!!

Get the train to Concord West and walk, takes about 10-15 minutes by foot to get there from the station. It's on the mainline to Hornsby.

Would probably be better if it wasn't going to rain though.

I've got the shoulder you're looking for right here princess.

*man hug* :p

When I read the title I thought it said crystal. I thought why would you hate crystal? :rolleyes:

I've got the shoulder you're looking for right here princess.

*man hug* :p

When I read the title I thought it said crystal. I thought why would you hate crystal? :rolleyes:

Already covered! :p

:icon_offtopic:

When I see this thread in the leatest threads box, I keep misreading it as "I F@$#%ing Hate Crystal!!" and think that Jovial Monk has returned.

Hahaha Epic Friday arvo thread. Thank you weekends :)

It seems my shoulder isn't needed her. Carry on everyone. :lol:

Get the train to Concord West and walk, takes about 10-15 minutes by foot to get there from the station. It's on the mainline to Hornsby.

Would probably be better if it wasn't going to rain though.
+1

Best thing you'll ever do for yourself.
When a big gig is on at Acer/ANZ the place is an absolute shamble for transport of any type...especially car! Don't park in Acer carpark if you don't want to wait hours!!!!
But as Thommo mentioned, Concord West isn't too far away at all by foot (a nice walk through bicentenial park) and gets reasonably regular train services. We often park our cars there when big gigs are on. 20 minutes walk vs ~200 minutes in waiting, I know where i'd rather be!

I used to work at the pub at Concord West, on a big rugby night (owners son was a Wallaby at the time) we knew we had roughly 15 mins from the fulltime whistle before it got insane.

Plus parking is really easy in this area.

I used to work at the pub at Concord West, on a big rugby night (owners son was a Wallaby at the time) we knew we had roughly 15 mins from the fulltime whistle before it got insane.
I was probably one of those punters! :p

We'd be talking the 2003 World Cup........

Actually, that whole year was pretty insane on a match night, quietest time was during the actual match.

I know the pub. I think it was Bill Young's old man's pub. Always have to have a quiet one or two while waiting (and missing) the train after going to Olympic Park.

That would be the one.....

mmmmm, now to ponder how many times I must have poured you a beer over the years.....

I'm dragging this again becasue i am going to top gear this week and guess what? Trackwork between Lidcombe and Olympic Park!

So you cant get on a train to Olympic park from the South Line( NEVER COULD BEFORE, WHY NOW??) Ok if you are coming from the city

There are gonna be thousands of people getting to SOP this weekend and they do this FREAKING CRAZY!!

:angry:

Where do I start ... over 1 million passenger trips PER DAY(during peak its 2000 people PER TRAIN)...and 3 people a week write in to whinge about something..pretty good odds I reckon for a business that is the largest of its kind in the southern hemisphere

maintenance is planned 18 months in advance...guess who turned up late.....

Im leaving to sign on at 0507 tomorrow morning and I'll be doing an Oly park loop during the day..want a lift into town at 3.45??

Can also get you a good seat....in the guards cab(where I work!)....you've got friends on the inside ya know???

if its sunday ...Im signing on at 0247...

try http://www.131500.com.au/ and plan your route...

Oh and by the way......train from C'town to birrong and bus direct to Oly park..prolly faster than actually going via Granville B) ;) ;)

Or go the airport(1hr) line and change at central for an Oly park service...my number is on the MALE yahoo site....I enjoy a chat while I work between stations...Ask Nick

Latest posts

Back