I F@$#%ing Hate Cityrail!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.DJ.

Reaction score
The Beer festival is on this weekend at The Australian this weekend and cityrail in their infinite wisdom have scheduled trackwork for the East Hills Line!

No trains bteween Campbelltown and Sydenham!

NOT HAPPY JAN! :angry:

Could be worse, you could have Connex as the operator

The Beer festival is on this weekend at The Australian this weekend and cityrail in their infinite wisdom have scheduled trackwork for the East Hills Line!

No trains bteween Campbelltown and Sydenham!

NOT HAPPY JAN! :angry:

Don't they put on buses to cover the gap? They do that in Brisbane. What if you had to get in for your dialysis appointment? that definitely sux.

Ditto on checking for a bus replacement - I've travelled on several buses in place of trains at various locations around NSW.

Hope you get one - boingk

In Adelaide, the genii in charge of infrastructure are building a tram line that runs parallel to an operating train line, only about 100m away.

Melbourne's public transport is miles ahead of Sydney's.

Really? When I lived in Sydney I never had any issues with public transport. Unless you had to get off at Redfern or Cabra :lol:

buses do replace trains but it takes twice as long and not worth it really as I would be leaving home late-ish...

Sydney's public transport is C-R-A-P!!

Don't they put on buses to cover the gap?

Yes, they do.
http://www.cityrail.info/service_updates/t...1&lineId=eh

Saturday 24 October 2.20am to Monday 26 October 2.00am http://www.cityrail.info/service_updates/t...04400144F44239CBuses replace trains between between Sydenham and Central via the Airport and also between Macarthur and Sydenham via East Hills.

Just go to your station and hop on the next bus. I actually get to town faster when they put buses on the South Coast line.

Anyone else going to the beer festival? I will be helping Scotty serving both days at the Rocks Brewery tent. Say hello.

I've just scored a lift!! Wooohooooooooooooo!!!! Still hate cityrail though!

Postmodern, I'll come and say hello... Please dont pull your holepuch out... ;) :beer:

Really? When I lived in Sydney I never had any issues with public transport. Unless you had to get off at Redfern or Cabra :lol:

I've only ever been to Melbourne twice, but once for 3 weeks and I used public transport the whole time. I loved it. So many options and it's all integrated. Lived in Sydney for 3 years and the public transport was completely unappealing.

Brisbane's is better than Sydney's but I reckon people from Melbourne complain way too much about theirs.

Really? When I lived in Sydney I never had any issues with public transport. Unless you had to get off at Redfern or Cabra
I really like Sydney's public transport system, regularly travel from Warringah Mall and use direct buses or bus->Many Ferry-> buses -> trains etc and don't ever have a problem. I travel all round the inner suburbs on my terrace house photo expeditions and can get anywhere I want.
I didn't know there was a problem with Redfern until the rellies said "You went where, you did what ? :eek: :eek: :eek:"

Redfern__Large_.jpg

:lol:

Melbourne public transport is pretty good. At the moment its a little streached during peak times - but thats mostly due to a sudden uprise in the number of commuters opting for public transport. Sure we can bitch and moan about over crowded trains and inconvenient maintenance - but wind back the clock 10 years and pretty much no one caught public transport for many years so there was no need to look at infrastructure upgrades.
Our automated ticketting system is a bit of a joke - especially the myki saga. But once our first automated ticketting system was introduced people got used to it. I'd just like to see the staff get a bit more personality - even when your doing nothing wrong you feel like they are scheming a way to arrest/book you.
Id like to see more infrastructure in new suburbs and I'd LOVE to see improvements in transport between 2030 cities. It'll come in time.

But go to Sydney and suddenly Melbourne public transport seems like a well conducted orchastra its all over the place and finding out how to use it is a nightmare. I've only used QLD public transport many many years ago when I was a scout up for there ipswich/springfield jamboree in 1998 and I have little to no memory of it.

On the topic of transport - why havent other states adopted the yellow taxi scheme? It makes grabbing a cab so much easier and I dont feel like I'm hopping into some dodgy bootleg opperation pretenting to be a taxi company

In Adelaide, the genii in charge of infrastructure are building a tram line that runs parallel to an operating train line, only about 100m away.
Not to mention ignoring the main heavily congested part of South Road and building an overhead freeway further down the road at a point where the congenstion finally alleviates and the road opens up (right near Coopers Brewery incidently). At least once you finally get through the congested section, you will be able sit upon the elevated motorway and watch the people below you speed off into the distance on the now deserted section of road.

And you can't forget our brilliant omni-directional Southern Expressway either. No wonder the other states make fun of us........

I look forward to this day every year. Not many sleeps now.. Does anybody remember a fella by the name of Douggie singing the "i've had every beer mate" song at the 3rd annual beer fest in 2007? They gotta bring him back! It was the greatest song ever! :super:

To add fuel to the fire, cityrail also have track work on, for the bitter and twisted weekend.

Will be pretty difficult and slow getting a bus to that festival i am guessing
damn

I think we can see a pattern here. Obviously, CityRail workers are a bunch of wowsers. ;)

Back