Howdy from the Duk

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muzduk

Reaction score
Womerah above Devon North above Yarram above Bass
Gday, getting back into HB after a bit of a hiatus. Modified kits were my go but looking keen on BIAB now. Have a pretty good stainless vessel that has a water jacket agitator etc, will get some advice off you crew on that soon..But for now i'd love to know where i can source decent products at a LHBS? 3971 is my post code and honestly the only one i've found so far knows little bout real brewing (can help with wicked buds though :p ) i dont mind buying online but find it strange that two separate orders from two different online shops were ordered 20/6 and only got shipping confirmation on 26th and no sign yet...Is that normal? Any other goods i buy online are far quicker than that...Anyhow lets boil and bubble

Hops from Yob excellent prices and service that can't be beat.
no affiliation besides being a very happy customer and beneficiary of his advice on this forum!

6 days for a confirmation is pretty poor maate, I don't know where the closest lhbs is to you, I'm not familiar at all with that area down there.

best of luck getting going though, its loads of fun and very rewarding and once the equipment upgrades slow down its gets pretty damn cheap too

cheers

Grain and Grape are in Vic and are generally pretty good with confirmation and getting orders out. Craftbrewer are QLD based but are also pretty good in my experience. Both are staffed by knowledgeable brewing types who will usually happily help via phone with any questions.

They will have pretty much everything you need.

Hop dealz or ellerslie for hops - ellerslie is great if you want 500g or more, hopdealz has less range but very fresh and you can order both smaller and larger amounts at very competitive prices with super fast delivery time in most cases.

I have bought bits and pieces from Gryphon Brewing with no complaints although the postage last time was pretty pricey (AU post might be more to blame than GB).

There are others I've not used but who get good feedback from their customers - Brewadelaide is one of these. However postage will probably be the killer for bulk items so Grain and grape, hopdealz and ellerslie is likely your best bet

Also Core brewing concepts and keg king for equipment and some ingredients (both Vic based - i've not used either)

Somehow something I wrote linked to a betting site. I have edited it so hopefully that was a temporary glitch. Certainly not deliberate my end.

Latest posts

Back