How to get mates to pay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sillyboybrybry said:
what about inlaws?
After the FIL pays for the wedding.......THEY PAY...........DOUBLE.

Unless they're decent people and/or can get you good discounts, invites, free tickets, etc.

:D

I've got a mate who will always bring a sixpack and drink a carton and if you invite him to stay the night he'll piss the bed. Now when he asks me what I've got on tap I tell him I haven't had time to brew and i've gotta bath the kids. Then he'll go and I'll pour myself a pint.

Hippy said:
I've got a mate who will always bring a sixpack and drink a carton and if you invite him to stay the night he'll piss the bed. Now when he asks me what I've got on tap I tell him I haven't had time to brew and i've gotta bath the kids. Then he'll go and I'll pour myself a pint.
He sounds like a scream! I'll PM you my number.

manticle said:
Quite a good example.

I hated the movie too. A lot of made up drivel that had nothing to do with the original. Why would anyone think they needed to rewrite that story?

OT sorry.
money.

the fact it was made into a trilogy is testament to that. one movie with all of it would have been fantastic. the whole singing scene and eating scene that carried on for about 25 minutes made me realise the rest of the movie was going to be shit. all filler.

sillyboybrybry said:
what about inlaws?
My in laws always come fully loaded with awesome wine. They also put up the deposit for our house. They can drink as much as they bloody well please.

because i've only just gotten into homebrewing within the year, i'm more than stoked to get mates to come try it. i'd never expect them to pay or compensate but my mates will always bring their own because some of them don't like the flavour from most hops and prefer their super drys and pure blondes. suits me.

I give the FIL 2 cartons each time we visit or he comes to visit, about 4 times a year......a mix of whats sitting around.
He's strapped for cash and loves it......he buys me cheeses and hot sauces,,,and bread rolls....it all works out.
Brother gets a carton every couple of months, he brings bottles of nice bourbon and scotch for birthdays.......
Brother -in-laws get nought....fussy fuckers turn up their noses at my homebrew whilst polluting my fridges with Peroni and XXXX Blight....**** 'em.
Mates bring their own but are always keen for a taster or 3 of the latest offerings.

Wifes gay mate's boyfriend once brought me an empty keg for a keggle, he doesn't drink beer....makes for a cheap keggle.

In laws are more fun and less boring after a couple of beers, give em as much as they can take.

As for friends most of mine either don't drink beer or are simply guests so it doesn't matter, drink up.

Cheers

Vibrating, lubed-up dildos as tap handles. If they won't give the tap a pull they have to give you $5 to pour their beer. Of course you'd have to work the battery cost into the cost of your beer. ;0)

Mardoo said:
Vibrating, lubed-up dildos as tap handles. If they won't give the tap a pull they have to give you $5 to pour their beer. Of course you'd have to work the battery cost into the cost of your beer. ;0)
... and then, strangely, there's always that one mate, usually the "quiet, innocent" one, who from that point on, constantly volunteers to pull beers for everybody else for the rest of the night...

Back