How Much Beer Do You Drink?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many glasses of beer do you drink per night?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 9 or more. (can you even read this)

• Total voters
less than one for me, so I put one.

last time this came up I got hounded for being a weakling by what seemed like the whole forum because I mentioned that I thought knocking back 6 longnecks a night was a tad more than what's probably healthy.

EDIT: when someone says they drink 1-2 a night but have 3 or so days off beer and they get 'buzzed' by that quantity, i find that hard to believe. Opening a can of worms i know, but thats my opinion.
In the same way that those that say that, also probably find it impossible to believe that big guys like me can honestly put away large amounts of beer without getting buzzed. Sometimes those people arent trying to be macho, they are teling the truth. I am deliberately leaving 'other' health problems generated by over consumption out of this.

For someone like yourself Nath it may be hard to believe, but its true, I had a sampling session yesterday at lunch...3 stubbies and didnt drink all of each bottle...had the wobbly boot for about an hour afterwards....admitedly they were all well over 5% but still probably only drank 2 full stubbies...
I know what is being said about piss fitness.....I have drank very little over the past 10 years, only getting back into brewing earlier this year...when I was younger and seasoned could drink all night
long..2 bottles of Jim not uncommon...not no more.

:icon_offtopic: Been in Gero for nearly 13 yrs after living in the land of clog for 9 yrs. Give me Gero anyday..... The craypots are going in tomorrow if I pull up OK from tonight. Broome time - do you miss it?

Yeh mate I do when its pissing down with rain here like it has all day today. My hats off to you working the cray boats. Dont think I could handle that. I drove road trains for a few years and that was bad enough but at least I was on land.

less than one for me, so I put one.

last time this came up I got hounded for being a weakling by what seemed like the whole forum because I mentioned that I thought knocking back 6 longnecks a night was a tad more than what's probably healthy.

Sammus, your a ******* weakling... :icon_cheers:

Yeh mate I do when its pissing down with rain here like it has all day today. My hats off to you working the cray boats. Dont think I could handle that. I drove road trains for a few years and that was bad enough but at least I was on land.
I agree - working the cray boats is real work ..... definately not for me mate. Just throwing the pots in with the young bloke (he's worth 2 pots, 4 in total) ......
Cheers
BBB

Ive just averaged mine out to 4 a night for a week, I don't drink as much during the week but Friday night sees me at the bottle shop on the way home and by Sunday the slab is usually gone, maybe a few to have during the week...

On average fourteen drinks a week, so two drinks a night.

However, my drinking style is to drink on only 3 - 4 nights of the week. But when I do drink, I like to get a bit of a buzz, so I usually have at least three beers.

It is always hard to determine these things though. For example when I travel, which might average to four weeks of the year, I drink a lot most days. Furthermore there are always those weeks with multiple functions on where you are obliged to get pissed every single night. Those are tough weeks.

This year I would average 2-4 pints a week. I do have bigger weeks now and then, but not by much.

Nothing Sun to Thurs.

2-3pints Fri, Sat.

I have a month off completely every so often.

I personally don't like that slightly irritable 'I need a beer' feeling, usually following a few consecutive drinking days (around Christmas etc).
Having a break makes me appreciate it more, I think.

I'm fully expecting to get laid into here...go on then

I try not to drink during the week. Either Friday or Saturday will then be a 12+ beer night, and the other 6-8. Sunday a few cheekies in the arvo, maybe 2-3.

I really need more people to share my beer with because I am very addicted to brewing beer and for the moment not nearly as addicted to alcohol. I would happily split every beer I have most evenings but I like to have a bit of variety. Usually 1-4 stubbies an evening but I really should take more than one or two nights off a week. I try to balance it out with exercise.

Usually one or two after work. Days off when I can get out to a beer bar or a mate's place or whatever, anyone's guess. :lol:

GABBA110360 said:
at least six stubbies a day/night someone has to drink it !
Same here but only after noon If it is in the fridge it keeps calling out "drink me"

manticle said:
I only drink one pot per year.
Just one pot, right?
07-05-11-Giant-Coffee-Pot-Davidson-SK13.jpg

Back