How Much Beer Do You Drink?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many glasses of beer do you drink per night?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 9 or more. (can you even read this)

• Total voters
It all started with "we should have 1 alcohol free day a week". This quickly progressed to 2 and now 3. So you work hard and go without a drink all week - come home Friday and it's recommended you not exceed 2 standard drinks....so u better not finish that second schooner!....pigs arse!

I don't cook a slow roast on Sunday because I only feel like a single slice and I don't involve myself so much in brewing to have only an "occasional" beer.

These strict guidelines health authorities set may be somewhat true, though they probably recommend also you live off lettuce leaves and tofu....and go to church on Sundays to extend your days.

Health freaks get run over by buses or die of rare diseases.....oh, and for the record I'm on my 5th or 6th (though I did start early). :chug:

These public health professionals are the new enemy. They've got smokes fucked, not that I am a smoker, but grog is next. It's like over the top WPH&S public health is the new political correctness.

It all started with "we should have 1 alcohol free day a week". This quickly progressed to 2 and now 3. So you work hard and go without a drink all week - come home Friday and it's recommended you not exceed 2 standard drinks....so u better not finish that second schooner!....pigs arse!

I don't cook a slow roast on Sunday because I only feel like a single slice and I don't involve myself so much in brewing to have only an "occasional" beer.

These strict guidelines health authorities set may be somewhat true, though they probably recommend also you live off lettuce leaves and tofu....and go to church on Sundays to extend your days.

Health freaks get run over by buses or die of rare diseases.....oh, and for the record I'm on my 5th or 6th (though I did start early). :chug:

Yeah, I disregard most of the health authority stuff as utter bullshit. My grandfather died at 80, smoked a pipe, drank sherry every day for most of his life and was addicted to some sort of cough mixture. A mate of mine who never smoked, and just enjoyed the odd beer dropped dead the other week at 31. No pre-existing health issues. The coroners report says unsure of cause of death. Heart just stopped.

Drink up I say! :chug:

As an oldy publican mate of mine used to say. 'A little bit fo christmas every day Rowy.'

I only watch the film Barfly last week, by their standards I'm a teetotaller

These public health professionals are the new enemy. They've got smokes fucked, not that I am a smoker, but grog is next. It's like over the top WPH&S public health is the new political correctness.

Totally agree...though follow their guidlines and you may end up bored & depressed, i think that's bad for your health too.

I look at my parents and people in their age group who lived off a meat pie n chikko role for lunch daily as well as that Foster's/KB s*%t they'd drink, and bugger me....they're living longer than ever.

You know when even McDonalds is bringing out "health food", this world has gone mad! :kooi:

I stopped in pity for my wife as we're expecting our first in Feb, used to be every night. Now I drink on Friday and Saturday night most weeks and lost 8 kgs in 6 weeks. Problem is I'm a ******* cadbury kid now. Lost my "piss fitness" if you want to put it like that.

When I first quit drinking each night I craved IPA all day for two weeks. Funny the thing I missed the most was the bittering of an IPA.

Tonight I'm trying the first glass of a Belgium strong ale @ 10.2%. First half a glass and i felt the buzz. Just know this is the sort of Friday you might get a strange post on AHB from me...

they can try what they want with grog, we make our own and we make it better. **** em

I stopped in pity for my wife as we're expecting our first in Feb, used to be every night. Now I drink on Friday and Saturday night most weeks and lost 8 kgs in 6 weeks. Problem is I'm a ******* cadbury kid now. Lost my "piss fitness" if you want to put it like that.

When I first quit drinking each night I craved IPA all day for two weeks. Funny the thing I missed the most was the bittering of an IPA.

Tonight I'm trying the first glass of a Belgium strong ale @ 10.2%. First half a glass and i felt the buzz. Just know this is the sort of Friday you might get a strange post on AHB from me...

Cheers on bub number 1 mate :beerbang:

Drink rarely more than 2 nights a week. But then I'm much more in to sipping beers than quaffing beers. Most of what I brew tends to be >6% so I don't need much to relax.

Just finished some 1971 vintage port. Kudos to the father in law for putting down a case of port from the year each of his kids was born.

T.

they can try what they want with grog, we make our own and we make it better. **** em

Although that is true, I would hate it if the stigma which they attached to smoking became attached to beer. Beer should not be demonized, I don't want people scoffing at me if I choose to have a pint with my lunch.

Thats why I'm having a sneeky one now.
Wife is in bed with our second 'Bun in the Oven'.

She enjoys a beer, particularly a HB (she's only human), but obviously she in on sanctions, and thus I am too.

We made a deal. If she doesn't see me drinking it's ok. So now I'm a closet alco!

I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight. That way she will never now.

With regard to 'piss fitness'. It has been commonly accepted in the scientific community that if you were to expose yourself to a regular consumption of alcohol your body produces an enzyme (Alcohol dehydrogenase) thats aids in the break down of alcohol more efficiently. If you are a weekend warrior you would likely have less ADH (as in the enzyme- not adenosine dihydrate for the biochemists out there) and thus suffer the ill effects of alcohol more readily.

I have had some experience as one of those 'health professionals' but obviously am not offering advice of any sort.

Basically you should drink as much as you want in moderation..that should work for everyone!

Funny - I get the opposite. I feel the effects less at home than I do out. Maybe I'm just more conscious because I'm around people.

I'm around my partner at home but we've been together twelve years so self consciousness is a thing of the past. We both fart with impunity.

More smackies OD on less gear in back alleys than they do at home. Same thing I suppose. I tend to watch my consumption when I'm out and about, and I'm way more aware of how impaired I am when I'm in unfamiliar surroundings and people.

At home, I blow off with impunity too!

Problem is I'm a ******* cadbury kid now. Lost my "piss fitness"

Ha,ha....I'm in fine form.

And good to hear all you blokes are poping kids out. I remember reading how beer wrecks the sperm count......the little guys may of been wobbly, but they got there!

Thats why I'm having a sneeky one now.
Wife is in bed with our second 'Bun in the Oven'.

She enjoys a beer, particularly a HB (she's only human), but obviously she in on sanctions, and thus I am too.

We made a deal. If she doesn't see me drinking it's ok. So now I'm a closet alco!

With regard to 'piss fitness'. It has been commonly accepted in the scientific community that if you were to expose yourself to a regular consumption of alcohol your body produces an enzyme (Alcohol dehydrogenase) thats aids in the break down of alcohol more efficiently. If you are a weekend warrior you would likely have less ADH (as in the enzyme- not adenosine dihydrate for the biochemists out there) and thus suffer the ill effects of alcohol more readily.

I have had some experience as one of those 'health professionals' but obviously am not offering advice of any sort.

Basically you should drink as much as you want in moderation..that should work for everyone!

Sweet, so if I want to ramp up on the weekends I should also ramp up during the week. Nice one! :beer:

love the deal, infact I think this could be expanded. She doesn't see the bill for 24hr Ferrari hire, its ok...I'll let you guys know how this works out

He He, just got home and yep, its Friday night. I look forward to it all week as I very rarely drink on weeknights now. Really gives me something to look forward all week. and just like Duke of Padyy stated I have definently lost alot of "piss fitness" but hey at least it doesn't take as much now. but in saying that its not unusual for me to knock back 4 or 5 tallies on a friday night, not much compared to some but enough for me at the moment. maybe i need to get some drinking fitness back up for xmas though. Slightly off topic but are many of you Perth brewers going to the craft beer show tomorrow?

im amazed that you will even drink corona at all :blink: Id rather squeeze the piss out of the local possums... each to their own though.. Im pretty sure my local wont have that on the premises ;)

Actually don't drink them anymore but in the tropics they went down well icy cold.

Latest posts

Back