How Much Beer Do You Drink?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many glasses of beer do you drink per night?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 9 or more. (can you even read this)

• Total voters
I'm also a sporadic drinker. If I'm away with work then I'll often have at least a 1/2 dozen stubbies. At home it is on and off. I'd probably drink 2-3 long necks a week. If mates come over, well anything's possible.

Average? Probably 5 standard drinks a week.

At uni in general medicine(20years ago) was told that males 2 to4 a night females 1 to 2 plus 2 nights off to give the liver a break. Mind you the lecrurer had a very big red nose and certainly had more.
Usually have 2/3 nights off ( mon- wed). Thurs usually a one litre jug between us sometimes 2. Fri and weekends more or less plus i have a nice cellar so usually wine on weekends.

Try to have a low alc @3% on tap all the time. Beers rarely over 5%, but do enjoy the bigger beers as a first beer.
Certainly drink a lot less than teens/20/30s. Rarely suffer from hangovers which is double edged
Cheers

Depends what i'm doing each night and what i'm eating.
If i have a large meal... I don't drink
If i have anything sweet after dinner... I don't drink
If i'm on the PS3 i'll only have 1 for the session
If i'm watching a movie/tv 2 or 3
If i'm watching sport 2 or 3
Any of the above... if i have snacks double or triple my intake... so i cut out the chips and now i drink a whole lot less (and have dropped 5kg in a fortnight for it)

Edit: and i drink less since getting the kegs... (although it did spike initially for the novelty value) opposite of what i expected

I would average 2-3pints a night. I usually brew on the light side, around 4%, I can not really tell the difference at that percentage to full strength.

At least one alcohol free night a week is a good idea. I just do one but should probably do more. Still I only drink 2 glasses a night but they are generally smallish pints. I'd say a litre a night

As far as the wife goes, I know the alcohol free night a week keeps the wife off my back, along with maybe a couple of weeks completely dry as well each year. It shows I'm not dependant!

Usually only drink 3 nights a week, but on those nights I'll drink 3-4 longnecks and maybe a couple of stubbies if I can find something interesting at the local. I'm a pretty big dude though at 125kg and 6'3" so it usually takes me a couple of longies just to feel warm.

I used to really be able to put it away, but I'm too concerned with my health now, and anyway, I can't handle the hangovers any more.

I have averaged it out over the week to 3 per night OF BEER. This doesn't include the 2 glasses of wine I have with dinner or the 2 whiskys I might have after i've drunk all that beer and wine. :eek:

but seriously, sometimes i'll go a week and only have 2-3 beers in total. I usually try and have at least 2 alcohol free days a week to give the liver a break.

Cheers - Snow

Edit: and i drink less since getting the kegs... (although it did spike initially for the novelty value) opposite of what i expected

I found this too. Probably because I tend to have 2 schooners off the tap as opposed to opening 2 tallies in a session.

5 or 6 schooners a night but that's the most I ever drink, haven't had more than 8 for about 10 years. 3 or 4 Pale Ales and a couple of Porters/Stouts. Before this year I had 5 years off the piss having surgery a few times - so my insides had a bit of a rebirth. Walk every morning to keep the beer gut from going out of control, if I don't it really knocks me around.

Shift worker here too. A beer with dinner on my 2 day shifts, none on my 2 night shifts and 4-6 beers on 2 of the 4 days off (8 day rotation).

....and Truman, take a look at her habits/spending etc and hit her in the forehead with the facts.... then get another beer!

What's a glass?

I have a pot glass, several trappist 250 - 330 mL glasses, several English pint glasses and a litre stein. All very different.

What are they filled with? Mild, traditional saison,ESB, AIPA, Belgian dark strong or barley wine?

I used to drink every night and easily 3+ longnecks. Now I have a deliberate couple of days of not drinking anything with alcohol in it (nothing to do with weight gain as a rake can't gain weight) and don't count on the others. Weekends and brewdays I drink a lot earlier and therefore a lot more, weekdays, less so. Maybe between 3 and 6 longnecks on the nights on - again though, what are they containing? (well actually my HB is rarely under 5%).

I drink more than the health authorities recommend. I also listen to strange music and collect children's shoes.

Mrs LagerBomb is also a beer drinker, and we find it very therapeutic to sit down together after work and relax with a few beers and destress, chat etc. Maybe you can get you partner to enjoy a couple with you :party: ? It can lead to a great night sometimes " If you know what I mean"
Cheers
LagerBomb

Yes well thats exactly what we do. She wasn't a beer drinker at all until she met me. Now she loves to have a beer with me after work or go on a brewery visit with me and try the range of beers.
But she will have one maybe two glasses max and not everynight where as I usually have 2-3 on most nights.

....and Truman, take a look at her habits/spending etc and hit her in the forehead with the facts.... then get another beer!

Funny you should say that, shes a Deals direct/ ebay junky. She buys me a cheap watch from ebay made in China then says Im too rough with things when it just stops working for no reason a week later. Ive told her to stop buying cheap crap from ebay thats never going to last..but she loves it.. :rolleyes:
She sends me a text.."Should we buy this?" I say no and she does anyway, then I can't buy a decent one until it breaks.. :rolleyes:
But I love her and she enjoys beer and brewing and ... me.

I'll have 4-5 pint's a night when i'm home. I won't lie I did ask myself the question.....am I drinking to much? But then I work away for 5 weeks on a ship and it's dry so I get a good break. 2 weeks to go and Im feeling thursty

Funny you should say that, shes a Deals direct/ ebay junky. She buys me a cheap watch from ebay made in China then says Im too rough with things when it just stops working for no reason a week later. Ive told her to stop buying cheap crap from ebay thats never going to last..but she loves it.. :rolleyes:
She sends me a text.."Should we buy this?" I say no and she does anyway, then I can't buy a decent one until it breaks.. :rolleyes:
But I love her and she enjoys beer and brewing and ... me.

Crap, im the impulsive purchases in my relationship... And i drink generally 1.8 steins or 5 pots a night.
Double trouble!

I'll have 4-5 pint's a night when i'm home. I won't lie I did ask myself the question.....am I drinking to much? But then I work away for 5 weeks on a ship and it's dry so I get a good break. 2 weeks to go and Im feeling thursty

Generally have two a night but these are 750ml Swappa Crate bottles. I go to the gym to maintain so I don't balloon up like the bad ol days of drinking 24 stubbies on a weekend night and probably another 24 over the week... If the beer doesn't put it on the Big Macs, KFC, Pies, Butter Chicken etc the next day does!

really depends on my mood... some nights 3 longies (which is 3 glasses a bottle) other nights, a glass and thats it... must be said though that Ive recently (day 3) made the choice of my poisons and given up the cigs.. bloody hard being a beer drinker... and a coffee drinker... and eating... and waking up (especially with a coffee) :rolleyes:

hoping breathing will be better though in the long run so as I can drink more beer though... what ya lose on the round-a-bouts you make up in the main street :lol:

Yob

[edit] clear-a-fe-kation

Latest posts

Back