How Much Beer Do You Drink?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many glasses of beer do you drink per night?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 9 or more. (can you even read this)

• Total voters
really depends on my mood... some nights 3 longies (which is 3 glasses a bottle) other nights, a glass and thats it... must be said though that Ive recently (day 3) made the choice of my poisons and given up the cigs.. bloody hard being a beer drinker... and a coffee drinker... and eating... and waking up (especially with a coffee) :rolleyes:

hoping breathing will be better though in the long run so as I can drink more beer though... what ya lose on the round-a-bouts you make up in the main street :lol:

Yob

[edit] clear-a-fe-kation

Smoking is a bitch to give up but it does get easier. Stick with it and don't cane yourself if you have one or two - just make sure that's all you have (but none whatsoever for the first few weeks, just to get it into your mind that not having a smoke doesn't mean you'll die)

Never underestimate the power of denial...

1. Are you Concerned that you drink too much?

2. Have you got Angry or upset that someone has suggested that you drink too much?

3. Do you feel Guilty that you may drink too much or had to put something off because you did drink too much?

4. Do you ever, or have you ever had an Eye-opener because you drank too much.

1/4 and you probably do drink too much.

COI: 2-3 / day, minimum 48hrs booze-free / week.

5. Do you find one size fits all criteria lists really annoying?

Fucken oath i do....

I hate being squashed into a box called 'you have a problem if....'

I'm a big guy....i thought that would be obvious from my AHB user name.

I can put away a substantial amount of BEER without being affected. I have voluntarily walked up to RBT stations at music festivals to 'see how much i blow' .....answer, ' you're right to drive home buddy'....

I have proven on several occasions, that i'm right to drive home at all hours of the morning (im a professional musician/music tutor for a living), after drinking considerably more than the 'government based guidelines' recommend.

Now, i deliberately italicised BEER, because im a different animal when it comes to spirits. My tolerance is greatly reduced when i get on the distilled kinds of liquor that we dont like talking about here. Get me on the beer though, and i'll drink my mates under the table no problem.

I rarely go out nowadays to 'get pissed' so dont take this whole post the wrong way. It's just that it takes me a long time to be 'affected' by beer when i am out and about.

Every one is affected in different ways and i think it's high time the government stopped labelling me a binge drinker, or someone with an alocohol problem just because i enjoy a couple of beers a night.

For the record, i drink because i like the flavour of my beers, nothing more, nothing less.

I dont drink to get drunk.

Levels of intoxication depend on so many things. Whether you have eaten or not and when, any drugs prescription or otherwise, how many of what and over what period of time, the condition of your liver, every person metabolises alcohol at a different rate, how much activity you've done whilst consuming the alcohol. The list isn't endless but its not far off. The first one is the biggy though! How much have you eaten and how long ago.

I know what Big Naths saying I'm 6ft 5 and 120kgs but if I don't eat then it catches up with me. Interestingly enough spirits kill me too big fella might be that us big blokes should stick to beer.

I drink anywhere from 4 - 10 a night. I consider myself a high functioning alcoholic, and I'm comfortable with this.

Never underestimate the power of denial...

1. Are you Concerned that you drink too much?

2. Have you got Angry or upset that someone has suggested that you drink too much?

3. Do you feel Guilty that you may drink too much or had to put something off because you did drink too much?

4. Do you ever, or have you ever had an Eye-opener because you drank too much.

Answers:

1. Yes once, No license at the time (funnily enough drinking related 9/2010) I found myself getting plastered just about EVERY night for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. Thought to myself this wasn't right at all, wasn't fair on family or friends and that i was doing it for the wrong reasons.

2. I sometimes get the shits when somebody suggests that i drink too much (usually grandparents and parents). Yes i may hit the piss hard on the odd occasion but thats it! the odd occasion

3. Same question as the first IMHO, But i have never had to put anything off due to my excessive drinking

4. NEVER!

And what the bloody hell does this mean????

I've been finding of late that I'm quite merry after a stubbie. or even less than a stubby! Lasts a few hours, by when I'm relaxed enough to not want another.

With mates and out with friends, its difficult to count. Don't get blind drunk on my own. Actually, had a tallie of stout last night because I knocked it over and undid the cap seal by accident, couldn't tell the difference between 1 stubby and that.

Does anyone else find that if they're chilling at home that a few beers will get you a little tipsy, but when you're out the same amount doesn't touch the sides?

I drink about 2-4 a night, depending on whether i have to work the next day or not. I used to drink a lot more, but the keg fridge is downstairs now. The more i drink the lazier i get until i get to the point where i can't be bothered walking down the stairs any more!

I got a ps3 because I'm doing shift work, and enjoy drinking less because of it, telly shopping would drive me to drink. Also, I'm so knackered, two beers and I'm out. Though last night I got sent home 8 hours early after having a coffee.... I had significantly more than two beers.

during the week 3-8 pots a night depending on the beer or mood after work
during the weekend 6-12 pots a night depending on the beer or mood after work
now i allow a few exemptions i.e during the nrl,super 15 or rugby wrc depending on the game a 19l keg won't last more than a 9-10 days if i like it and the games close,and don't now how much i will consume this cricket season depends once again on how much we will win the upcoming test matches by etc,etc because its the kegerators first summer so will be interesting,now i know i mayby drink too much but i offset this by eating healthy and walk to work and back(12km) most days so thats my excuse :beer:

really depends on my mood... some nights 3 longies (which is 3 glasses a bottle) other nights, a glass and thats it... must be said though that Ive recently (day 3) made the choice of my poisons and given up the cigs.. bloody hard being a beer drinker... and a coffee drinker... and eating... and waking up (especially with a coffee) :rolleyes:

hoping breathing will be better though in the long run so as I can drink more beer though... what ya lose on the round-a-bouts you make up in the main street :lol:

Yob

[edit] clear-a-fe-kation

Easy way to quit smoking book by Alan Car really good place to start, hope you are successful mate, one of those things you look back on and go thank god.....

Does anyone else find that if they're chilling at home that a few beers will get you a little tipsy, but when you're out the same amount doesn't touch the sides?

I drink about 2-4 a night, depending on whether i have to work the next day or not. I used to drink a lot more, but the keg fridge is downstairs now. The more i drink the lazier i get until i get to the point where i can't be bothered walking down the stairs any more!

Yes i do. When Im out I can drink 6 Coronas and still be fine but at home after one or two glasses of beer Im feeling tipsy.

Shift worker as well, 2 days, 2 nights followed by 4 days off.
Occasionally have a beer or 2 after work on my day shifts.
Never drink on the days I work nights.
will have a few on most days on my days off.
Tend to cut down a bit during winter.
But I've never been able to drink more than 6 stubbies in a sitting, it just loses it's appeal.
Only time I get a hangover is when my father in law introduces me to his red wine collection. :icon_drool2:

I drink anywhere from 4 - 10 a night. I consider myself a high functioning alcoholic, and I'm comfortable with this.

IMHO there are two types of alcoholic functional and dysfunctional. The dysfunctional type is your typical bloke in the gutter now your functional type still manages to go about his or her life and keep it all together. Not for me to say if I fit either category suffice to say I sleep in a bed not a gutter :D

Ive been trying to limit myself to 2 - 425ml glasses a night with more on the weekends as the novelty of having 6 taps and room for 8 kegs shouldnt last forever. i go for bike rides and drink plenty of water so i feel i do my bit in evening it all out.

Funny - I get the opposite. I feel the effects less at home than I do out. Maybe I'm just more conscious because I'm around people.

I'm around my partner at home but we've been together twelve years so self consciousness is a thing of the past. We both fart with impunity.

Latest posts

Back