How Many K&k Ppl Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many K&K people Keg their beer

• Keg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bottle

• Other

• Total voters

QldKev

Brew Dude
Reaction score
Just interested in how may people Keg, that havn't moved onto AG.

If you post other please let us know what you do.

I Keg and am still a K&K as I'm in it for the ease, AG just takes too much time.

i do both so i ticked the other box

I only bottle. Can't afford kegs with two teenagers living in the house.

I *am* a teenager, and I bottle for reasons of cost and not owning my own permenant abode. :D

EDIT: I'm K&K/K&Bits, and am moving into extract brewing currently as it gives me a better range of options.

AG'er now, but kegged my kits after about ~8months in the hobby. Still bottle the special brews or the brews that aren't destined to be session beers

I can't afford to buy a kegging setup yet. So I have a money box next to my bed and I am quietly saving for a keg set up!

till then, I bottle.

I kegged K&K for about 2 years, a mate did some partials, I did 2, then AG all the way.
I have done a couple of Kits recently because of a new bub arriving and just no time (3 kids under 4 yrs). And these kits will be kegged aswell.
Cheers.

edit: spelling.

I am k&k and jumped to kegs after doing only 5 or so kits. The bottles drove me mad and I like the idea of the tap hanging of a fridge. It makes me feel good. One of my customers gave me a fridge for nothing and I got 6 kegs pretty cheap. Only 3 left to rebuild the posts on and they'll all be contenders. Another customer gave me a gas bottle out of the back of the pub he works for and my HBS doesn't mind filling it.

I will be jumping to AG soon as my new property has the space and I am just into the quality of it all. I'm a bit of a snob with my fishing tackle so want the best beer as well.

Still just K+K here.
10 Kegs full most of the time.
3 fermenters in 2 fridges going non stop.
Bottle special brews, eg Cider for up-coming Xmas outlaws visit. 1st Bub due early Nov.
Getting equip together to move to the "DARK SIDE."

FROGMAN.

I've been kegging K&K for about 5yrs. Got them for combined birthday/Christmas prezzy
from wife and folks cause I just had no time to wash and sterilize bottles.
Been a lazy K&K for about 10yrs but planning to AG soon.

Dave

Just interested in how may people Keg, that havn't moved onto AG.

If you post other please let us know what you do.

I Keg and am still a K&K as I'm in it for the ease, AG just takes too much time.

I'm too lazy too AG Kev. In it for the ease also. As soon as the financial controller gives the go-ahead I'll be into the kegs too.

I would love to keg and have a bar with a number of different beers on tap... Would also love a dedicated brewing fridge, a number of fermenters and an all grain setup.... First on my wish list however is a decent stockpot so I can extract brew properly.

For now I have to bottle.

Don't keg at the moment but am in the process of setting up a keg system iver the next couple of months.

I'm starting to think I must be weird cos I actually enjoy bottling beer - I don't see it as something evil. It also means that I can enjoy any number of different beers in a session and I've got a choice of about 10 different brews to choice from as I write. Unless I can find room for a number of kegs, I'm limited to drinking only a few at a time. Bad luck if your brew is ordinary or would benefit from a six months rest in the bottom of a cupboard. Lastly, am I unusual for a home brewer in that I have a social life ? I'd look strange dragging a keg to a mate's place for a bbq. That's why Aussies invented eskies, so I can take my beer with me !! Maybe the next thread is "What do keggers take to a bbq .. if they are invited !!

Maybe the next thread is "What do keggers take to a bbq .. if they are invited !!

You don't want to ask that question. Because if your friends see the pictures people will post you'll be the one no longer invited round for a sausage.

"What do keggers take to a bbq .. if they are invited !!

Now that's a different topic all together..... do a search in the forum for Party keg ...... I'm extract/partialling at them moment but I'm still with bottles, maybe not for long though :)

Saving for kegs now myslef as I am sick to the back teeth of bottling , have two kids under two so have no time for washing bottles anyhow, as for the social life aspect I love it because everone one comes here and then I dont have to drive home so its win win for me

AW :p

Latest posts

Back