How long is your brew day?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WarmBeer said:
Because 1 ltr water always remains so I tip it out while hot therefore residual heat in hlt evaporates remaining water droplets, not IVF just smart planning

Plyers said:
Stupid predictive text IVF should be OCD
Mate if you like shooting a load into your HLT thats your business. Just remind me not to ever try your beers... :D

Truman said:
Mate if you like shooting a load into your HLT thats your business. Just remind me not to ever try your beers... :D
We all 'love' our beer, just some to a greater extent.

6-7 hours including everything from measuring and milling grain, waiting for water to get through two stage filtering, full step mash, 90 min boil, chill, pitch and clean.

It sounds like a lot of time but I am actually remarkably efficient, overlapping where possible. It's mostly the step mash that takes ages, ramp times are only 1 deg /min so that alone contributes about an hour in itself.

four hours into the cube with my kettle. No drinking until after hop additions. I start congratulating myself on another winner and get lazy with the additions. And all of a sudden end of boil is there and I am rushing to get the plate chiller setup etc etc.

Latest posts

Back