How long do I leave the beer in the bottle after fermenting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

owen woodley

Reaction score
I'm new at brewing so I don't really have that much knowledge and at the age of fourteen no one really expects me too( the ale is not for me to drink it's for the enjoyment of making it and experimenting with different kinds of flavours) but my question is how long do I leave it to ferment and how long do I leave it after bottling.

Who is the ale for to drink, Owen.
If its not for you to drink why are you interested in experimenting with flavours.

Black Devil Dog said:
Leave it in the battle until the battle has been won.
"You have an all out prize fight, you wait until the fight is over, one guy is left standing. And that's how you know who won." ;)

@Owen, fermentation can depend on a number of factors such as; type of beer, fermenting environment, temperature, etc which will determine fermentation duration. You'll need to take a hydrometer reading to determine when the fermentation has completed. For me when I was extract brewing it would take about 2 weeks.

After the battle of fermentation, I leave it in the bottle for at least 2 weeks to carbonate the beer. If possible, for a few months though as the beer flavours should smooth out though.

If possible find an older family member or friend who brews & sit in on a session so you can ask questions etc. My kids are a bit younger than you and help me on brew & bottling day.

Mods...
Think maybe Owen might be a bit young for this site ?

Thanks jb that was really helpful. And I'm making the beer for my dad with his help, and when I said I won't drink it I meant it as I can taste, not full on drink, and I don't think I'm young for this site personally I think I could use the help but I've got to start somewhere sometime

Ur not Ian Woodley's lad are you?

You need to leave it in the bottle for 4 years.
It may be ok for you to brew with your Dad but it is legally dubious at best for us to advise you on a public forum.
Get your Dad to sign up here and he can accept the responsibility of passing the knowledge on.
Thread locked for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back