How Do You Change A Poppet Seal On Keg Post?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpy

Pumpy's Brewery.
Reaction score
The 'Beer out post 'leaks beer from the poppet on one of my kegs.

I have checked the seal and it appears OK ,but have to change it to see if it is the seal thats leaking or if it is the SS post hole that is damaged which is a lot more expensive . :(

I have the tiny black poppet seal but how do you replace it by stretching it over the metal part of the poppet ?

Pumpy :)

post_poppet.jpg

I use a pair of needle nose pliers ... put the end of the pliers in the seal, open the pliers up and the seal stretches and then you can slip it onto the poppet.

Scott

I dismantle the poppet and then slide it up the shaft and reassemble. This is the hard way, but when stretching them I could never manage to get them on without damaging them and worrying I had done more harm then good.

I dismantle the poppet and then slide it up the shaft and reassemble. This is the hard way, but when stretching them I could never manage to get them on without damaging them and worrying I had done more harm then good.

How do you dismantle them?

All of mine just have a spread split at the bottom, I squeeze this shut with a pliers and then slide all the bits off. Once reassembled I use a slotted screwdriver and hammer to gently respread the split.

Back