how big is your stash ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mongey

Reaction score
so I have been brewing pretty hard the last 2 or 3 months . My wife is on maternity leave till next year and my beer budget is down to like $30 a week. I can brew better beer with extract recepies and FWK's for that then whats on sale at Dans.

trying to be patient. my back room is freezing in winter so carbing up is taking a while .

its starting to come into it own now . My dubbel and IPA are drinkable finally . dubbel been in the bottles for 6 or 7 weeks. Of course i have drank some in various states of drinkablitity as you need to try these things

I have about 65 full longnecks with another 20 liters to bottle this weekend.

Just wondering all you guys how big is your beer stash ?

I have 4 kegs on tap in different stages of consumption
3 cubes brewed and ready to go into a fermenter
and enough hops and grain to fill all of these again.

about 12 longnecks in a crate (for sharing and caring)

3 kegs on tap. Two getting pretty close to empty. 23L of lager fermenting away at moment with a mild and a stout in cubes waiting for their turn.
12 Samoan stubbies in storage from various brews over the last few months.

Winter is a good time to move a few bottles to the pantry or kitchen cupboard where things may be a bit warmer carbonation wise.

About the same as you. 64 long necks, 14 echoes, 22L in the fermenter and 12 Longies in a crate from last year not worthy of my standards, but can't make myself tip them them out.

Looking forward to the day when I will do my count in kegs.

I've got 60 odd stubbies, a batch cold crashing in the FV, and one 25L cube ready to go once this current batch is removed.

I am making the transition to kegging at the moment, so this current batch CCing will be my first kegged batch. And then I'm gonna be brewing/fermenting constantly in order to fill up the other 3 kegs.

Wednesday is the next brew day since we have a public holiday for the show. :D

8 taps atop 12 kegs underneath,

If I had my way again 6 taps would have been plenty....

I am down to one 9.5L keg of hefe and one 19L keg of pale.
Moving house in about three weeks so planning to empty those out and start the brewing madness at the new place to stock up on cubes and fill the kegs.

3 kegs on tap 3 waiting for there turn, 1 keg of a Russian imperial stout that I need to forget about for a year or two 20l in fermentation chamber 50l of sour beers tucked in the corner fermenting away 2 cubes full ready to go, about 30 longnecks of my first ever 15 or so brews which I just cant be bothered throwing away even though I

3 kegs on tap 3 waiting for there turn, 1 keg of a Russian imperial stout that I need to forget about for a year or two 20l in fermentation chamber 50l of sour beers tucked in the corner fermenting away 2 cubes full ready to go, about 30 longnecks of my first ever 15 or so brews which I just cant be bothered throwing away even though I know I wont drink them. and not enough time to drink it all

10 Kegs on Tap, (6 in the garage and 4 in the lounge room). 3 kegs filled and 80L cold crashing and ready for kegging. Oh and 100 odd bottles of mostly RIS. :D

3and half kegs full 120ish largys full 7cubes full. 46litres of lager cold awaiting keg or bottles.
Got grain to brew up a 46litre batch but not enough cubes.
I need more kegs/bottles and cubes.
I have $40 a week to spend on recipes and upgrades etc. And i drink everyday.

Goose said:
8 taps atop 12 kegs underneath,

If I had my way again 6 taps would have been plenty....
Holy shit !

5150 said:
10 Kegs on Tap, (6 in the garage and 4 in the lounge room). 3 kegs filled and 80L cold crashing and ready for kegging. Oh and 100 odd bottles of mostly RIS. :D
Holy shit x2.

50 odd longnecks in various stages of carbinataion, 20l of dark ale ready to bottle 20l brown ale nearly ready to bottle and 20l of larger fermenting away nicely in the corner if the shed.
I'm over bottling, moving toward kegs now.

I've got two 19L kegs and one 9.5L and they're all about ready to blow, two 25L batches fermenting, six cubes waiting, and about 12L worth of bottles conditioning.

Benn- Bottling sucks but I actually enjoy the flavour from bottle conditioned beers.

I agree,
I reckon I'll still bottle a few here and there,
...still a while off completing the kegging gear so I've got no bloody choice for now

I also agree bottling sucks. Just got all my kegging gear except the fridge itself (waiting for the space to open up), but I can at least keg the next lot and gas it even if I don't have the fridge yet.

I brew 25 litre batches most times so I'll still be bottling 5 litres or so each batch, which will come in handy for parties and the like. :)

6 kegs on tap, 2 waiting to go on. 2 kegs on tap at work, 2 dozen bottles aging, 60L in fermenter ready to keg and enough grain and hops to fill all of that again.

Brewing for the keg fridge at work is getting a little tiresome, it is starting to feel more like a chore as we go through a keg a week.

3 dozen assorted 730ml pet bottles, 1/3 keg ale, 1 full keg Lager ready to drink, 1 fermenter ale cold crashing ready for keg, 1 fermenter ale almost ready to cold crash, 1 fermenter Vienna Lager day 5.

Ok then,
full/bottle conditioning:
148 @ 330ml
37 @ 500ml
315 @ 750ml
(that's 300litres total [emoji41])

45 litres in two batches in fermenters

Another 55 litres of empty bottles.

There'd be more if people returned bottles when I give them out.

That's about 1 year / 50 batches of intensive brewing, and plenty of drinking (works out to be more than 700 litres consumed)

Back