Hot Font

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to restore an old thread but for those who bought a font fan from keg king, how is it?
Mine works a treat, would def recommend if you can't be arsed (like me) making one.

Cheers
bah

Mine is noisy as all hell and doesn't push a lot of air

Anyone else with a similar experience? Thinking of opening the box up and replacing the fan with a decent computer one

I've got two different fans from 2 companies on two (identical) 3-tap fonts (s.steel, about 40 cm tall, mounted on keg fridge lid)
Neither seem to do a whole lot in terms of cooling, but I must admit, I haven't actually tried to directly measure the effect.

Feeling with fingers between the top where the air-pipe ends, Vs the insulated size of the post, doesn't really feel any colder.

So, YMMV.

Hey guys, so I just got a keg master series 3 from cheeky peak. I got a few upgrades from the standard system, including 525ss perlicks and a font fan (keg king brand).

Pretty happy with it all but the font fan seems to be really noisy. At least much noisier than I expected. It is pretty hard to describe the level of noise but I can hear the fan when the fridge is closed and I am in another room away from the kegerator with the door closed in between.

So is there a problem with my font fan? Or is this just how loud font fans are? Or are these font fans no good and there are better models out there?

I bought one of these last Year, very happy with it. Quiet and works well, although of course it's more effective serving colder beers at say 3 degrees as opposed to my UK bitters at 9 or 10 degrees.

Are this mob still going?

Yeah I'm pretty sure you can still get those ones from Digital Homebrew. $57 + postage over on their website. Good to know that not all font fans are so loud.

So either the keg king ones are quite loud or I've got a dud one. I've sent the guys I bought it from an email to see what they say.

Latest posts

Back