Hops for an IIPA?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10g warrior @60
10g chinook @ 60

50g simcoe @30
20g simcoe @ 10
50g chinook @ 0
50g simcoe @ 0

even with this hop schedule you will want a pretty big malt bill.. the IBU on this is over 100 (no chill adjusted) and a decent 76.3 with no-chill un checked... so Id be having a serious look at the recipe you propose mate... not saying dont go for it but I think it will be a bit too much personally.

ed: of course the AA% of what Ive worked on may not match yours but I think you will get the idea.

recipe.JPG

:beerdrink:

Yob said:
Download brewmate and run your recipe through it mate, I like hoppy beers too but that looks to be a feckload too much warrior and I'd also drop the topaz
Sweet, will do. Cheers man!

Yob said:
10g warrior @60
10g chinook @ 60

50g simcoe @30
20g simcoe @ 10
50g chinook @ 0
50g simcoe @ 0

even with this hop schedule you will want a pretty big malt bill.. the IBU on this is over 100 (no chill adjusted) and a decent 76.3 with no-chill un checked... so Id be having a serious look at the recipe you propose mate... not saying dont go for it but I think it will be a bit too much personally.

ed: of course the AA% of what Ive worked on may not match yours but I think you will get the idea.

recipe.JPG

:beerdrink:
Sick, will have a look at my recipe and compare it to the one I started with and adjust etc. cheers again for your help

Latest posts

Back