• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Hops Bulk Buy: Problem

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL Darren - I'm glad you can't delete/edit your old posts - Time to set the record straight once & for all
This was your very 1st post on AHB, flogging bulk grain, what a surprise - $45 a bag for BB base malt. The retail bulk price delivered Adelaide today is approx $50 (gst inc).
Allowing for the price rises over the last 5 years, it would appear you used to do quite well out of your so called "Bulk Buys" . No wonder you are now a little bitter.

Posted on: May 11 2004, 11:38 AM

Howdy guys,
Just a quick message to let you I have a bunch of malts. These are fresh malts and are being offered at a price barely enough to cover my freight costs.
The malts available are:

Barrett Burstons
pale malt $45/25kg
pale (galaxy) $45/25kg
pale ale $45/25kg

If anyone is interested just fire me off an EMAIL

BTW I am in Adelaide.

cheers
Darren

LOL, Got cha Dazza :lol:

and the price for Weyermann pils? Specialty malts?

Also Ross, If yo had to carry the bags up my driveway you would understand.

Lets not forget that last open bulk buy was late last year (three months ago). Lets all keep an open eye on your prices over the next 12-24 months!!

cheers

Darren

PS: I was quoted $105 for a bag of Wey pils from a well frequent HB shop here at the time of the last bulk buy
PPS: We all know you are just a good bloke Ross

violin.gif

violin.gif

violin.gif

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.

Any seller can refuse to sell to any person or organisation for any reason they see fit.

They can, but this hypothetical retailer would want to be pretty careful. They would probably want to ask a lawyer to explain the concept of "Secondary Boycott".

If a retailer X threatens to take their business elsewhere if supplier Y deals with person or group Z, then I believe they're breaking the law in Australia.

Back