Hop Prices In Tasmania

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get a kg from Ellersliehops. Latest pricelist I have is $45/kg for POR with $3 postage. That works out to $2.40/50g

Surely there's an opening for a decent homebrew shop on the N.W. coast at least, perhaps a viable buisiness opportunity. I'm not sure of how much demand there would be but surely this would increase if ingredients could be purchased fresh and at reasonable prices along with knowledgable advise on how to brew successfully.
Otherwise perhaps start a club and buy in bulk.
I could imagine that there would be certain liabilities with selling homegrown hops to brewers etc, but if everyone in a club grew a different variety then a swap could be a viable option.

Tas Home Brewing supplies has reopened in the city in Liverpool street, same Amanda running it, prices are still reasonable (no affiliation)Itmechanic :beer:

Well there you go, I stand corrected just goes to show you how often I get to the CBD which is getting like Pitt St. Sydney on a Saturday morning.

B)

If no luck with farm gates and producers these guys could be the way to go in Tas. They supply the Home Brew Stores and are based there:
Hopco

Like ellerslie I think they would only be interested in selling larger amounts but you'd have to check with them.

Hopper.

If no luck with farm gates and producers these guys could be the way to go in Tas. They supply the Home Brew Stores and are based there:
Hopco

Like ellerslie I think they would only be interested in selling larger amounts but you'd have to check with them.

Hopper.

Hello

We sell 500grams, 1kg or 5kg bag lots of hops. We sell to everyone :) .
And it is all current crop and 100% fresh.
there is no fee of $3.00 on top of postage price, just the hop price plus post.
If you need more info, feel free to email us at [email protected]

Cheers Guys

Surely there's an opening for a decent homebrew shop on the N.W. coast at least, perhaps a viable buisiness opportunity. I'm not sure of how much demand there would be but surely this would increase if ingredients could be purchased fresh and at reasonable prices along with knowledgable advise on how to brew successfully.
Otherwise perhaps start a club and buy in bulk.
I could imagine that there would be certain liabilities with selling homegrown hops to brewers etc, but if everyone in a club grew a different variety then a swap could be a viable option.

I try to support the local HBS, but the prices are a bit steep. $15 for a tin of malt when I can get it from Hobart for $9 + freight ($9.00 for 20kg). LDME is $2.00 a kg cheaper as well ($7.00/kg). So I buy my malt in bulk and save approx $60. Only use the local bloke when I run out. THBS are pretty good, but they don't crush grain and have a limited variety for extract brewers. Havent purchased hops or yeast from them at this stage.

Back