Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blooming bromance? Trip to Queensland to drink quality lagers with me mate nick?

Funny shit, right there

Ed: what year rexona?

Nick JD said:
I'm confident too. I'm your biggest fan.

BTW - wanna buy some Amarillo?
You're finally starting that BB?

Finally Picked some up. Sweet smelling green gold I tells ya. Fresh and delicious.

Thanks yob.

Looking into stocking dry yeast as suggested by a few earlier on this week.

Suggestions?

Thinking US-05, BRY-97, Windsor, wheat yeast?

Thoughts welcomed.

not that i'll be in your customer base as i buy bricks but the Belle Saison would be a good one for you.

I'd go either the BRY-97 or the US-05, but maybe not both, as they are a pretty similar profile, both fairly neutral. If you want a range, I'd suggest BRY-97, Nottingham, Windsor, Belle Saison and a wheat? Maybe a decent lager yeast like S-189?

Aah, lagers.. The forgotten mistress.. If I had to settle on an American profile, thinking it will be BRY-97.

Points taken on board, thanks for the input.

Cheers

Life is too short mate!!

I need to think outside 'my' box though, as I've little experience with lagers and lager yeast (except for the last swap beer really) I'm open to suggestion as to what to stock.

At this point liquid yeast is out of the question, I simply don't have the time to put it together but am looking at dry options mostly due to a convenience factor for those also getting hops.

Cheers all... Better go and cube this monster

Yob said:
Aah, lagers.. The forgotten mistress.. If I had to settle on an American profile, thinking it will be BRY-97.

Points taken on board, thanks for the input.

Cheers
Aint tried it but would give it a go, being similar to what I already use. Currently save the pennys for the hop purchase may as well a bunch in one go

There is a currentish discussion by those that are using it, seems to be a slow starter but a good performer, it's just taken one of my IPA's from 1068 to 1012 ON a single dehydrated pack, preliminary taste is pretty damn clean..

Have a search for BRY-97 for others comments.

Cheers

Dried yeast is definitely the go - longer shelf life, easier to post. If I'm looking for liquid, I'll get off my ass to get the LHBS.

BRY-97 is a great yeast, slowish start but nice clean profile and doesn't seem to strip the hops out too much.

S189 is an obvious choice - but the dried lager yeasts are quite expensive bulk compared to the ales. This is often not reflected in the price, so there's more profit in US05 say, than there is in S189 unless you want the 189 to sell for a liquid price.

34/70, S23, S189 are all good lager yeasts.

Get into repackaging 500g packs - they're like a buck a pitch wholesale. that's hundreds of percentz in the markupz!

It's not about my profits Nick, it's about convenience for others, I would be happy to make it a break evenish sort of level.

Despite what you may think, I'm trying to tailor a service that appeals and is a quality service, not just emptying you of your wallet.

Is it so unreasonable that someone just wants to do good?

Without derailing the thread, how exactly are 500g bricks packed? Is it just a massive bag of yeast? Or is it 1000 little bags?

If it's a massive bag, how do you store it safely?

Yob said:
It's not about my profits Nick, it's about convenience for others, I would be happy to make it a break evenish sort of level.

Despite what you may think, I'm trying to tailor a service that appeals and is a quality service, not just emptying you of your wallet.

Is it so unreasonable that someone just wants to do good?
Not unreasonable, but unrealistic.

Nobody expects anybody to work for nothing. You're running a business, you should expect to make a fair to good profit in a competitive environment.

Performing work without expecting to make a profit/living is only viable in 2 situations, you're helping out a mate/relative, or you're planning on going broke.

You will be receiving an order from me sometime soon, and I hope you make money off me. It's how the world works.

I did say "ish", wouldn't do it for 0 but I wouldnt make an unreasonable mark up either..

In the end, I see it as providing a service that will get extra sales over the line by providing something to the client that is also wanted, if it helps peeps order in one place then it's worthwhile looking at.

I'm looking at this as an additional and complimentary service, not a primary revenue focus for the business and is in response to expressed interest.

I won't look at splitting bricks as I don't have appropriate facilities at this point. Won't rule it out as future development but not now.

Hope this helps clarify my position.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back