Hop Dealz Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pretty crap at business if Im giving it away :lol:

If the packet is still there it wont be enough for that brew though mate, but will have a look for you anyway, Id rather someone use it than it sit in my freezer doing feck all but getting older.

:icon_cheers:

(BTW.. that seems to be an awful lot of POR pellets.. Ive heard using fresh flowers like that is ok but pellets? I dunno man... not from what Ive read)

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
It doesn't get any better.

I have eightetude, silly 7s and freakout 5s. Chuck in type 1 diabetes on the 5 year old and no wonder a few nappies & perpetual vomit for the 6 month old I'm much happier with. Great fun is fatherhood!
Kids.jpg

Re Postage and Courier options.

Still looking into it but things are firming up.

As of the 8 April normal Aus Post Express Satchels are going up in price and I hope to have the new pricing structure / options in place before that happens (will be tight with everything else happening currently but am confident it can be achieved)

What I will likely do is add them as options to Purchase on the Postage page, so for example, people with PO Box's or Western Australians that cant be serviced by Couriers can choose Aus Post satchels, those that prefer Courier will choose that option. Local Melbourne may have the option of 2 courier services as yet, still getting to the bottom of it.

In speaking with the courier company this morning, Parcels can be left at the door if you choose to do so, default is to be signed for, I think most people will probably have it sent to their work or whatever, happy to discuss.

anywhoose, thats where it's all at currently.

Will update about Noble hops later this arvo when I get a call back.

Yob

Yob said:
(BTW.. that seems to be an awful lot of POR pellets.. Ive heard using fresh flowers like that is ok but pellets? I dunno man... not from what Ive read)
I don't have any first hand experiencing with POR yet but I had questioned the last two additions of POR myself. Oh well, the great thing about experimenting with this hobby is that you tend to still end up with beer. :)

Agreed, however, enjoying it is better than having to force it down...

shoot me a PM to let me know which was your order and I'll see if I have it.

kahlerisms said:
I don't have any first hand experiencing with POR yet but I had questioned the last two additions of POR myself. Oh well, the great thing about experimenting with this hobby is that you tend to still end up with beer. :)
look up the pride of mt torrens beer in my signature. Heaps of por and its a fkn ripper beer. U just need to know how to use them.

Yob said:
I may have some out back in the brewing freezer, a pack (if I havnt already given it away) that Im unlikely to use and you are welcome to..

will check when I get home tonight.

Cheers
ill buy some off u. I need some for the pride of mt torrens beer. Ill make it for u and youll change your mind. Brendo maple etc have tried it and agree it good. Oh and its smurtos beer originally

it does not get any better, just when you think the kids have "grown up" you end up with grand kids :D
Lord Raja Goomba I said:
It doesn't get any better.

I have eightetude, silly 7s and freakout 5s. Chuck in type 1 diabetes on the 5 year old and no wonder a few nappies & perpetual vomit for the 6 month old I'm much happier with. Great fun is fatherhood!

Confirmation today that I can get..

2013 Helga (Southern Hallertau)
2013 Sylva (Southern Saaz)

Should have them by early next week. No luck on German or other varieties as yet.. still hunting.

Hey there Yob,

I got my hops, beautiful smelly soft and chewy. Looking forward to doing something with the Victoria flowers. Thanks, very happy to be buying local from a fellow forum member. Great prices! Cheers mate.

Pleasure.. That Victoria is some seriously sticky stuff.. still scraping resin off the table and the bag would have nearly stuck to your hand hey?

Here's the stats again from the box in case you missed it.

Victoria Secret
Alpha 17.2%
Moisture 8.7%
Oil content 2.8ml / 100g

it's a mean puppy, hope you do well with it.

:beer:

Yob said:
Victoria Secret
Alpha 17.2%
Moisture 8.7%
Oil content 2.8ml / 100g

it's a mean puppy, hope you do well with it.

:beer:
Looks like it's time for Mean Puppy Porter then, eh?

:icon_offtopic:
citymorgue2 said:
look up the pride of mt torrens beer in my signature. Heaps of por and its a fkn ripper beer. U just need to know how to use them.
Hey mate I noted that the good Dr uses his own POR flowers. Do you alter the recipe for pellets?

Wolfman said:
:icon_offtopic:

Hey mate I noted that the good Dr uses his own POR flowers. Do you alter the recipe for pellets?
ot
I just lowered quantity of pellets to reach desired ibu. No other mods. I have done a higher alc version and a dark variation both came out aces.

Based on the feedback Ive been receiving about the Victoria Secret flowers, (Currently out of stock) I hope to get another limited supply next week.

Should also be getting in

Helga - AKA 'Southern Hallertau' and
Sylva - AKA "Southern Saaz"

I may have an in for some (Limited Supply) NZ Pellet hops and am working on firming that up next week also.

Latest posts

Back