Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Hop Bill Help

Discussion in 'All Grain Brewing' started by MelbBrew, 26/4/19.

1. MelbBrew

Posted 26/4/19
    G’day...

All set for a brew day tomorrow utilising hops in the freezer but having trouble making a decision! Hoping for some advice as I have plenty of mosaic, cascade, Sabro, centennial and ekuanot on hand.

Was thinking of combining Mosaic, cascade and Sabro. Any thoughts??

21 l

Grain bill:
    4kg Simpson’s golden promise
    150g Simpson light crystal
    400g bestmalz lt munich

WY1217 - west coast ipa

Cheers

2. raturay

Posted 26/4/19
    I don't know Sabro and Ekuanot however I did a similar thing a while back simply to use up all my bits and pieces of hops in the freezer - a "Leftover IPA". I don't have a lot of hop knowledge but it turned out great so I wouldn't be too scared of just going for it and use the lot. I did sort out the AA% to try and get some semblance of order to it. The mix was: Citra Simcoe Galaxy EKG Cascade Willamette Amarillo Challenger Fuggles POR and Super Pride. A total of 397 grams with a grain bill of almost 6kg to try and get some balance. Hops were spread from FWH to Flameout through to a good size dry hop.

Apologies for not being able to directly answer (not knowing a couple of the hops). Mine was a total experiment and I think the first recipe I built myself in Beersmith. Up with the best that I have made.

Good luck with it.

Ray

3. MelbBrew

Posted 26/4/19
    Thanks mate. There’s always a few beautiful mistakes in this hobby aren’t there!

4. Schikitar

Posted 26/4/19
    Whatever you end up using, go big in the whirlpool and dry hop.. personally, I love centennial.