Hop Bill Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelbBrew

Reaction score
G’day...

All set for a brew day tomorrow utilising hops in the freezer but having trouble making a decision! Hoping for some advice as I have plenty of mosaic, cascade, Sabro, centennial and ekuanot on hand.

Was thinking of combining Mosaic, cascade and Sabro. Any thoughts??

21 l

Grain bill:
4kg Simpson’s golden promise
150g Simpson light crystal
400g bestmalz lt munich

WY1217 - west coast ipa

Cheers

G’day...

All set for a brew day tomorrow utilising hops in the freezer but having trouble making a decision! Hoping for some advice as I have plenty of mosaic, cascade, Sabro, centennial and ekuanot on hand.

Was thinking of combining Mosaic, cascade and Sabro. Any thoughts??

21 l

Grain bill:
4kg Simpson’s golden promise
150g Simpson light crystal
400g bestmalz lt munich

WY1217 - west coast ipa

Cheers
I don't know Sabro and Ekuanot however I did a similar thing a while back simply to use up all my bits and pieces of hops in the freezer - a "Leftover IPA". I don't have a lot of hop knowledge but it turned out great so I wouldn't be too scared of just going for it and use the lot. I did sort out the AA% to try and get some semblance of order to it. The mix was: Citra Simcoe Galaxy EKG Cascade Willamette Amarillo Challenger Fuggles POR and Super Pride. A total of 397 grams with a grain bill of almost 6kg to try and get some balance. Hops were spread from FWH to Flameout through to a good size dry hop.

Apologies for not being able to directly answer (not knowing a couple of the hops). Mine was a total experiment and I think the first recipe I built myself in Beersmith. Up with the best that I have made.

Good luck with it.

Ray

I don't know Sabro and Ekuanot however I did a similar thing a while back simply to use up all my bits and pieces of hops in the freezer - a "Leftover IPA". I don't have a lot of hop knowledge but it turned out great so I wouldn't be too scared of just going for it and use the lot. I did sort out the AA% to try and get some semblance of order to it. The mix was: Citra Simcoe Galaxy EKG Cascade Willamette Amarillo Challenger Fuggles POR and Super Pride. A total of 397 grams with a grain bill of almost 6kg to try and get some balance. Hops were spread from FWH to Flameout through to a good size dry hop.

Apologies for not being able to directly answer (not knowing a couple of the hops). Mine was a total experiment and I think the first recipe I built myself in Beersmith. Up with the best that I have made.

Good luck with it.

Ray

Thanks mate. There’s always a few beautiful mistakes in this hobby aren’t there!

Whatever you end up using, go big in the whirlpool and dry hop.. personally, I love centennial.

Latest posts

Back