homebrew radio

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaeld16

Reaction score
Hi all

I spend a lot of my working days driving all over the state listening to radio. Can anyone point me to a good site where I can download some listening material MP3 format to my phone so I can listen whenever I please. Mainly concerned with ag brewing cheers.

The brewing network.com has what you need.

Big +1 on Camo6's comment. Well over a thousand hours of listening available on download. As for the shows available (which do have ads but I just forward past them, although some of them are hilarious):

Brew Strong is a great technical brewing show with lots of great topics, and a few great series too, like Homebrewer to ProBrewer.

The Jamil Show covers styles. In the first series he did all the BJCP styles and then changed the format slightly and started at the beginning of the styles again. The first series is most detailed, but the second has value too.

The Session is more like talk radio, with a number of usual characters talking about brewing with professional brewers and talking crap with them and everyone else. I like it, a lot don't. I laugh out loud at least once each show. It helps to have a dirty mind.

They do a show on sours called The Sour Hour which I haven't listened to, as well as one on cooking with beer.

There's also Dr Homebrew, where BJCP judges evaluate beers sent in. But yeah, the BN has something for everyone and has a giant archive that will keep you busy listening for a long time.

Just one thing, the BN has a download limit, I think you can only download about 10 episodes a day. This is to make sure they have enough bandwidth for everyone and so they don't get slowed down by people discovering the BN and hitting 'download all'. So yeah, if you get a won't download message, that's the reason. It'ls enough content to listen to a day anyway ;)

10 episodes will easily be enough its only Tassie I'm drivin round doesn't take all that long to get round

Also basic brewing radio & beerwsmith have podcasts you can download.

Podcast the can u brew it on the jamil show, you'll want to them over a few time if your driving. I listen to them on the way home from work , and there is always something I miss. And they give the recipes in % of grain bill, so anyone can scale up. Just have to get used to Fahrenheit . Good luck

Thanks guys just finished my brew day this morning its great to have something to listen to while brewing and yeah good to have it on hand to relisten to to pick up on what ya missed.

The Beer Report with Groucho and Chud is not as technical, frequently meandering and sometimes irreverant and full of swearing. But when they get going they're pretty funny.

Latest posts

Back