Hi from Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TK1

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just found this forum, had a read, and thought I'd better do the right thing and register and say g'day.

New to home brewing - wanted to get into it for ages, and got a kit for my birthday. Made my first batch, Cascade Tall Ships IPA, and it came out fairly terribly :(. pretty sure I did lots wrong. Drank a few, was a bit flat and tasted very ordinary (not too bad in a shandy though).

Not one to give up, I read more on how to do it properly and checked out this and other forums, and currently have a Liquorcraft Little Critters Pale Ale in the fermenter. Went in last week, managed to hold temp around 18-20 deg the whole time (down from 24 when started). Still a few bubbles in the airlock and SG at 1.012 today so almost there. Hopefully bottle in the next couple of days.

Then on to a Belgian Pilsner, and a Pear Cider for the wife. And hopefully soon into partial mash and all grain brews in the future once I know I can not screw up a kit.

Looking forward to it all and participating in the forums.

Regards,
Darren

Good on you Darren, its a slippery slope but about the best hobby there is because you get beer out of it at the end!
:beerbang:

Latest posts

Back