Hey, hey hey!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Third brew was all grain. All the bloody questions I was asking the brew shop owner he dropped the words 'grain brewing' in the mix and google led me here and here was a thread called NickJD's $20 all grain or something like that. First brew was short by like 8L or something and I couldn't even get the hops listed in the recipe. Don't think I've done anything by the rule since.

practicalfool said:
Third brew was all grain. All the bloody questions I was asking the brew shop owner he dropped the words 'grain brewing' in the mix and google led me here and here was a thread called NickJD's $20 all grain or something like that. First brew was short by like 8L or something and I couldn't even get the hops listed in the recipe. Don't think I've done anything by the rule since.
i hear u loud and clear. just brewed my first batch yesterday and it smells great, good hoppiness, bubbling nicely after 22 hrs after yeast pitching.

i did partial grain/dry extract and liq extract. hope it goes well!

This is different to steeping grains - Manticle did a really good explanation a couple of days ago, he might want to chip in here. When you steep, say 200g of crystal malt, you are basically extracting flavour and colour to enhance your brew. With partial mashing however you are stepping it up a notch: you are obtaining a large part of your fermentables from the base grain and combining the resulting wort with the extract. You can still use the "steeping" grains, just mix into the bulk of the base malt.
Just happened upon this. I'm presuming you meant this post Bribie?

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/78649-learning-about-partials/#entry1145447 (POST 7 if the link doesn't take you straight there)

Latest posts

Back