Hersbrucker Hops...commercial Examples?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bignath

"Grains don't grow up to be chips, son"
Reaction score
Hi brewers,
have recently bought some Hersbrucker from a posting on this forum and was wondering, before i go all out using them blindly, what commercial examples are famous for this hop.

Anyone got any ideas? Have a Dan Murphy's just down the street from me.....

Cheers,

Nath

I bunged a heap of hersbrucker in a pils a while ago.... wasnt really flash IMO. Its not a bad hop, but dont over do it.

And Pure Blond too...

Nonethless hersbrucker is a realy nice basically noble hop, floral and a bit fruity with a bit of spice. Anywhere you would use hallertau, hersbrucker will be nice and really quite similar to the hallertau.

I think its especially nice in lagers with a bit of colour to them. Viennas and Marzens.

One of My go to hops of choice for lagerbier.

thanks guys,

just did some searching in google "what beers use hersbrucker" and the first thing it listed was the bluetongue lager, which i really like.

Anyone got an all grain recipe for it?

apparently, there is a large portion of cane sugar, so if i can work that part out, maybe Pils Malt, POR to bitter to megaswill levels, Hersbrucker late, and 34/70?

cheers for your responses and if anyone has a recipe for bluetongue it would be great....

Nath

EDIT: "beaten by this much...."

pretty sure the Bitter + Twisted Blonde uses hersbrucker from when i read the label

From here
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...st&p=114317

Bluetongue Premium Lager is made with 20 percent cane sugar, bittered with Pride of Ringwood hops and late-hopped with Hersbrucker. Its not a big, complex, malty palate, Peachey says. We want ours to be drinkable with a medium bitterness, in the style of an Australian premium lager like Cascade or Hahn.

From:http://www.realbeer.com.au/alefiles/beer_writers/willie_simpson/article_2004_10_8_4833.php

QldKev

Heineken is a Hersbrucker beer I am pretty sure - assuming the Aussie brewed version is the same

Cascade Premium Lager & Premium Light both bittered with POR and finished with Hersbrucker.

Just used the same combo in an Aussie Lite Lager, shall see what results.

It is a delicate hop, so don't overdo it.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back