Help with a Woodfordes Wherry Clone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobjF

Reaction score
For many reasons this beer is close to my heart. My grandfather would always take me fishing on the river at Woodbastwick as a child when I was visiting their farm Near Acle in Norfolk. Also I enjoyed many a great pint of Wherry with my grandfather, uncles and cousins in many great taverns across Norfolk and Cambridgeshire.
Now I have a few AGs under my belt and I'm starting to get use to my rig a bit better I'm really keen to try and find a good recipe for this fantastic beer so I can brew and reminisce.
Any help most great fully received.
I've found a couple knocking around on uk forums will starting messing around with beer smith and see what I can come up with.
Rob

Hey Rob, hopefully you'll look in and see the reply to this fairly ancient post of yours.....
Get yourself to a local pub, order a schooner of 150 Lashes, wait for it to come up to a "proper" ale drinking temperature and take a mouthful.
Very very similar to Wherry.
Then, assuming you agree with me you'll be looking for a Lashes clone, might be easier down under!
Cheers.

WW isn't well known in Australia, as opposed to the likes of Fullers ESB, TTL, Old Speckled Hen etc. that tend to be the beers of choice for brewing tributes.

If you join Jim's Beer Kit forum in the UK you'll find a wealth of information about Wherry clones. Ian, that's interesting about the 150 Lashes, had a couple at the local just yesterday and variations are my major house ale nowadays.

Latest posts

Back