Help Needed. Bottling From Keezer.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobjF

Reaction score
Hey guys just a quick one. Ive been brewing for a fair few years now and never really been one for entering into brewing Comps. ( One under my belt.)
The local Country show have included a Hop Off and alot of my freinds are hasserling me to enter some beers into it. Ive got a great beer on tap at the moment and wanted peoples advice on the best way to bottle some stubbies to enter into the comp.
Ive got stainless regasing lids for PET plastic bottles but dont know if i would ever see them again if i entered my beer with them on the bottles.
Ive got a few swing top bottles, long necks and stubbies but havent really done a great deal of bottling over the last few years.
Any help most welcome.
Rob

Get the empty bottles super cold, purge them with CO2 and then fill slowly from the bottom up. Insert a blank end of beer line to do this.

I usually do it this way, and I purge the keg of most gas too to ensure the flow is super slow (10kpa max) - once done, I put the bottle in the freezer for 45 mins with a carbonation cap on it. I then give it a blast at 100kpa, unscrew the filler cap and cap with a normal cap.

slcmorro said:
Get the empty bottles super cold, purge them with CO2 and then fill slowly from the bottom up. Insert a blank end of beer line to do this.

I usually do it this way, and I purge the keg of most gas too to ensure the flow is super slow (10kpa max) - once done, I put the bottle in the freezer for 45 mins with a carbonation cap on it. I then give it a blast at 100kpa, unscrew the filler cap and cap with a normal cap.
Are you bottling in PET bottles? I assume so if you are using a filler cap...

Latest posts

Back