Help with a brew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PopeyePete

Reaction score
I recently purchased a grainfather and would love to recreate a fresh wort kit that I have used in the past, was wondering if anyone can help. I need some help with how much hops to use in each step to replicate the recipe. I tried n Beersmith and Waimea does not exist.

Summer Ale
Malt - 100% Plisner
Hops additions
Waimea- 90 minutes- 13IBU
Waimea - 10minutes - 3IBU
Enigma - 0 minutes -0IBU

Yeast US05
Dry hop - Enigma 4 days in FV @ 60 grams.

4.5 to 4.8 ABV

Wife loves it and keg ran dry in less than a week. The fresh wort kit was a limited edition and no longer available.

Do you have the hops yet and if so is there an alpha acid rating on the packet? If so you should be able to create a hop or adjust an existing one by entering the new value. That should get you in the ballpark anyway.

Just checked my Beersmith and Waimea is there. 17.5% alpha. If you select 'Add-ons' in the File menu and are connected to the internet you can update your Beersmith with a heap of new hops, grains, yeasts, recipes etc.

Oh, and welcome to the forum Popeye Pete. Ahhhhhhgugugugugug.

You may wanna look at your ibu, not sure bout you but I like my ales a little more hoppy than that, 16 ibu is fairly low!

Who made the fresh wort kit they may sell the ingredients to you as a all grain kit.

Back