Helloooooooooo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theCOZ

Reaction score
Hello
I'm a newbie here, on my 5th Kit brew and no trouble till now :( which is why i went to the internet to see what im doing wrong and find recipes...looking for a little creatures clone for my next brew :)
so far ive done 2 IPA, one with liquid malt instead of sugar, a cech pilsner ESB kit, and a coopers sparkling.

Currently, i have a ESB stout kit going that I added an kit improver bag that involved a 45 min simmer of a pre-made mixture of different malts, some black grain and hop pellets from the local brew store. Made specially for my Dad who loves stouts :chug:

The initial SG was 1061 and after 5 days there has been no air-lock activity but there is the usual tick foam/crust on top that has diminished slightly now. I did an SG reading today and its about 1025-1030.
I know the air-lock isn't a good indicator but all previous brews have bubbled vigorously. i have an in-fermenter heater that is set to about 23C and the external temp patch on the fermenter is reading 18-20 consistently.
The most concerning thing is a strong vinegar smell from my SG samples :unsure: i plan to keep it in the fermeter for 2 weeks, then bottling

thanks for reading, hope I've included enough info for some advice on this stout
And again, Hello!

just wait and see,when it gets to 1010 or the abouts and it's steady for 2 days have a taste then.

Latest posts

Back