Hello and first-time brewer in Surry Hills

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgearhart29

Reaction score
Hi, fellow home brewers. I'm brand new to brewing my own beer. Grew up drinking my dad's basement brews and have been itching to start myself.

I've got a complete kit to get started. Inaugural brew is going to be Coopers Ruby Porter using British Ale yeast instead of the included stuff and some added chocolate malt and roasted barley with the light DME for added body and chocolate/espresso flavors.

Good idea? Too ambitious first time out?

Welcome mate, sounds good depending on how much you ad
Balance is the go

Thanks and that sounds like a good idea. I'll keep it conservative with the first batch.

Sorry to hear that mate.........the Surry Hills bit that is but welcome to brewing.

My advice is to totally **** the first few brews so you learn what not to do.

After you have fucked up a few, you will be just as experienced as anyone on this forum.....

Ha, It's not all bad here. Plenty of good beer bars to be had at the very least!

Ya know, I sort of figured my first few batches would be fucked. Finally getting started tonight, so the candor is noted and appreciated.

Youll be right mate, keep everything clean and sanitized, and temp control prob around 18 degrees if you can.

Happy days, easy peasy

Go for it mate!! Keep it all clean and sanitized, use good healthy yeast and invest in temp control when you can.

Love Surry Hills, I always take my camera for a walk when I'm there (stay at the Y when I'm in Sydney) and never too far from a good beer. Or curry.

Surry12.jpg
A_Quiet_Street.jpg

You can't go basically wrong with a Coopers kit as long as you pay attention to sanitising, and be patient.

Latest posts

Back