Heated Digital Stirplates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, yes there's news! The membranes arrived this morning and we're putting together a couple of units today to validate the design. I found a minor bug in the firmware that I'd like to address and test before we ship anything but it should be sorted by the end of the week!

Hi Guys,

A quick update - I've been flat out setting up production for these puppies but dealing with some unexpected setbacks. Our PCBA substituted a few components that aren't working quite right and it looks like I'll need to order some replacement components from Digikey to do a proper job.

Digikey is pretty quick with delivery so I expect we'll be able to ship a few units mid to late next week, still in time for Xmas.

Detailed story: The temperature sensors built into our heating PCB are not to spec. Theoretically that might not matter since we're using an external probe to control the heater, but the internal sensor is still there to make sure the plate temperature never gets too high if it's left without a starter on it or if the external probe stops working. This batch of heater PCBs has a trace resistance that keeps it at a pretty safe temperature anyway, but the resistance can vary a lot between boards so it's a failsafe that I wouldn't feel comfortable shipping without.

Many apologies for those waiting, the extra few days will be worth it in the end.

Thanks for the update Michael and no hurry. I'll most likely buy it regardless of pre or post xmas so definitely support you spending the time to get it right

My next two brews will be with US05 anyway so I can be patient :)

Ok, so two things... Firstly...
Yeast Forge - 1.jpg
I'm very happy to announce that a few Yeast Forges are finally ready to ship! Thanks so much to everyone for the feedback and suggestions provided in this thread that helped make this product what it is. Also, special thanks to Yob for your testing, feedback and unrelenting support! :beerbang:

Secondly - If anyone wants want to pick one up, head on over to our store here and use the coupon code FIRSTYEASTFORGES during checkout for a USD$20 discount.

PS. Let me know if you have any troubles with the coupon not working!
:party: :party: :party:

Hi Michael,

Coupon code works, no issues, look forward to it arriving soon,

Dan.

Thanks Dan, glad to hear the coupon works. Also thanks for the temperature probe tip yob! You reminded me that I've still gotta make an instructional video so I whipped one up this morning.

I'd embed it, but I don't think that's possible on AHB these days so .

Last edited by a moderator:
Forge bought, all went fine including the discount code, liked the Youtube video.

Nice work Michael

Hope the product works out well for me and others too

cheers
Nick

Michael Burton said:
Ok, so two things... Firstly...
attachicon.gif
Yeast Forge - 1.jpg
I'm very happy to announce that a few Yeast Forges are finally ready to ship! Thanks so much to everyone for the feedback and suggestions provided in this thread that helped make this product what it is. Also, special thanks to Yob for your testing, feedback and unrelenting support! :beerbang:

Secondly - If anyone wants want to pick one up, head on over to our store here and use the coupon code FIRSTYEASTFORGES during checkout for a USD$20 discount.

PS. Let me know if you have any troubles with the coupon not working!
:party: :party: :party:
hope you dont mind, but ive added a link to your site on my useful links page..

just coz

*ed No affiliation and I get/want nothing for it in case folks are wondering

Inconceivable said:
Forge bought, all went fine including the discount code, liked the Youtube video.

Nice work Michael
Thanks Nick, glad you liked the video :D I hope your Yeast Forge arrives safely today!

Yob said:
hope you dont mind, but ive added a link to your site on my useful links page..

just coz
Aww shuks, thanks Yob I really appreciate the gesture! :beer: I think our website could benefit having a similar page with useful links so I'll work towards this in the near future.

Mine too, arrived yesterday
Thanks again!! Very impressed,
super fast shipping, well packed., can't wait to starter up [emoji12]. Sorry .. Couldn't resist
Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back