Hawthorn Brewing Company

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely. My local independant grocer stocks them (in Hawthorn, too), and I really enjoy the amber ale. The pale is good, too, but I think the amber ale is a little different compared to your bigger ambers. If anyone knows what type of hops they throw in it, or the pale, I'd be very keen to find out. Big fan, and good to support the local brewers.

Definitely. My local independant grocer stocks them (in Hawthorn, too), and I really enjoy the amber ale. The pale is good, too, but I think the amber ale is a little different compared to your bigger ambers. If anyone knows what type of hops they throw in it, or the pale, I'd be very keen to find out. Big fan, and good to support the local brewers.
Be worth emailing/contacting them to see if they'd give you some hints. Many brewers will...

Wow. Funny when people dig up old threads like these. Necro? Classic! :lol:

Thanks for the trip down memory lane fellas! :icon_cheers:

Hopper.

bcconery - Thanks, I may just do.

Hopper.

True that. I have read this thread a couple of times recently, after I first tried the beers, but talk about a revival...

Hopper.
Well not always Hopper
Seems I was quite off the mark with my original post..
Not so keen to be reminded what a dick I was being lol
Learnt a thing or two since then and glad to hear the boys are going well and brewing up a storm !
Must seek them out again and see what all the fuss is about !

Yeah you have a point Ferg. I read some of my stuff - and went - sheesh did I really say that? (slaps hand to forehead)

Realised I made a boo-boo, stating that Jamiesons contract brew for Rusty Nail.
That was horsecrap - they do/did contract for Temple Brewing (who I think have their own brewery set up now around Melb's Northern Suburbs), and they were contracting for Rusty Water Brewery & Restaurant, not Rusty Nail. Rusty Waters is in Phillip Island, and Rusty Nail is in WA.

Whoops! :rolleyes:

Hopper.

Latest posts

Back