Hag Yeast Slant Library

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schooey

Reaction score
In light of all the recent slant threads, I decided I might give this a run. I ordered my vials today and they should be here tomorrow to get me started. I'm just curious if there is anyone else amongst the HAG group making slants and any interest in starting a library to post here what slants you have made i.e. strain type and quantity, so that maybe we can swap strains, contact someone in case of emergency etc etc

If there's no interest, I guess the thread will just die a natural death

Definatly will be in this but not till i am sorted brewing wise.

Definatly count me in shortly though.

cheers

Hey I dont have any at the moment but would love to be involved. Currently posting under the influenceso i will leave any serious talk till later.

I have a stash of vials which I'm happy to swap or offer up for those in need. Some are a bit old (maybe up to 2 years) but they seem to fire up OK. Caveat Emptor.

I've never done slants but I'm happy to accept them in a swap.

My current collection includes:

(all wyeast)

i'm up for this, perhaps users location should also be included?

Ok. Done! I've added location to the instructions and to the first two who added themselves.

Great idea,
Just put down some slants around two weeks ago of Wyeast 2124 ( Bohemian Pils ).
Would be happy to bring a couple to the case swap on the weekend if anyone is interested.
Cheers,
Scott.

Schooey
Interesting timing, I just brought a couple of hundred Pyrex Screw Cap Test Tubes.

I have been planning to get some Agar, Nutrient and Malt all mixed.
Had in mind a packet like a cuppa soup, but it makes 100 mL of ready to use instant media, just add boiling water.

Sounds like I better get the finger out and get the testing finished.

MHB

I'm still gearing up and gaining experience in slants, but....

In short order I hope to have the following wyeast strains

1099 Whitbread Ale
2308 Munich Lager

The plan is to do a handful of slants from each wyeast pack on the way into a starter.

If anyone has any empty tubes they'd like to "donate" it would be helpful - otherwise I'll be ordering some from proscitech.

Benniee

I'll be happy to participate, but only after I sort out some slants.

I have some varieties that are quite uncommon. e.g. 2 Yeastlab var. (which may be similar to the other commercial brands), King&Barnes ale, Matilda Bay Real Ale yeast.

It's great that our South Australian friends want to be involved but I think this might work best if we keep it a face to face local thing. Saves involving the postal system. Thoughts anyone?

GH, I started it in the HAG thread for that very reason. I just thought it would be convenient to know what other locals are doing. Not that I'm not for doing a similar thing an AHB wide, just thought it would be simpler this way to kick off the HAGs and also to find out if anyone else local was doing or had an interest in doing slants.

Not meaning to shun others here, just a convenience thing.

Mark: That sounds cool, would make things simpler if it works.

I am in! Don't know much about SLANTS but have lots of vials of 1st gen 2124 Wyeast.

Steve

:D.. I ordered 50 of the LP9025 UU just yesterday...

The ones I've got Tony are code LP9025-UU - I think I gave you one a while back with yeast in it. 30ml freestanding V bottom PP with PP lid.

Ahhh yes i forgot about that one :)

Whats the difference between Poly Propoline and Poly Carbonate (i asume thats what they stand for)

cheers

See here

I just noticed that autoclaving wasn't such a great thing for PC, so I went for the PP

Yep, that's the reason. I pressure cook mine before use so that's why I went with the PP.

Latest posts

Back