Hag B&t Comp At Potters This Weekend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day All

Definitely a big round of applause for the organiser(s), transporters, collectors, stewards, judges, helpers, entrants and staff at Potters.

It was great to get into my first true round of judging as a BJCP apprentice and having experienced judges around to lean on (thanks Scott).

Congrats Trent - that was a truly excellent beer.

Also a close 2nd with the CAP Tony - no infections in that one. Maybe you should put it in a swap or something. I'm sure there's one going on somewhere :p .

Cheers :chug:

Thanks for the congrats, guys, I am stoked.
Glad that you liked my beer Scott, cause I thoroughly enjoyed your Schwarzbier. I tried your Flanders Red later in the day, and it would have been an amazing beer if it wasnt infected ;)
Schooey, glad to have been able to judge with you, I dont think I gave enough tips and stuff on judging, but next time I will be better!
Now, for a MASSIVE thanks to the tireless David Lamotte, who organises and runs very smooth comps, with no thoughts to anything but helping hte general brewing community improve their collective skills. Newcastle is extremely lucky to have a man like that helping to train judges and organise comps, etc.... Good job on getting the results up so quick.
Also a HUGE thanks to Keith and all the staff (and understanding bosses) at Potters. Not only do they make great beer there, they actually allow us to have a place to run comps, in a working brewery no less. Top points.
Lastly, and not least, a big thanks to MHB for supporting the Newy boys, and being a drop off spot for all the entries.
Oh, and a big hurrah for all the lads that turned up to help judge, and the lads and lady who stewarded and computed all day long - to get through 76 beers and a BOS round with less than 10 judges in a day is phenomenal.
And congrats to all the placegetters, there were some great beers around - and any complaints about my judging, my email is on the sheets.
Twas a great day, especially for me!
All the best
Trent

Congratulations to all those who did well in the comp. Looks like Scott is working hard to mix it up with Barry - good work.

I look forward to getting my score sheets back and seeing how poorly my sweet stout did :)

Would love to have been there to help out.

Benniee

Also a close 2nd with the CAP Tony - no infections in that one. Maybe you should put it in a swap or something. I'm sure there's one going on somewhere :p .

Cheers :chug:

only 2 bottles left. I ran a bit of into bottles before kegging and consuming the rest.

Ive still got it..... just need to beat the bugs. Almost there.

I will be back...... one day

cheers

Good Day
Thanks and congratulations to all involved, especially Dave. The photos brought back fond memories of Potter's.
Hopefully ESB's will have an open UK beer comp next year after our successful trial run this year. :icon_cheers:

Hi Dave.

Will you be publishing full results.... first to last?

or will we get that with the score sheets?

cheers and thanks

Tony

Thought I would bump this thread to see if there's any news on when the full results will be available...

Benniee

Thought I would bump this thread to see if there's any news on when the full results will be available...

Benniee

Ben,

No use bumping it where nobody is watching .... :eek:

I understand that people are getting anxious but the wait is nearly over. My 7 x 10 hr workdays wil be over on Wednesday and the results will start flowing soon after.

I told the swapee's (or is the name swappers) on Sat that I was purposely doing a slack job so that I would get sacked as organiser - but they wouldn't have it. They said that I obviously needed more practice ... :D

Dave

BANG

did someone hear a backfire :lol:

I understand that people are getting anxious but the wait is nearly over. My 7 x 10 hr workdays wil be over on Wednesday and the results will start flowing soon after.

No problems Dave - was just checking in because I wasn't able to attend the comp day or the swap and I didn't know what was happening. I thought they may have been posted up somewhere I didn't know about.

10hr days 7 days a week - pfft - try a newborn for a while :D In fact a 10hr day sounds like a nice break...

Benniee

What are you doing in the other 14 hours? :D

10hr days 7 days a week - pfft - try a newborn for a while :D In fact a 10hr day sounds like a nice break...

Suck it up, princess! :p

If you think it gets any easier, think again..... I'm pretty sure Dave feels your pain, he's got kids of his own

One kid is a piece of cake after twins!

One kid is a piece of cake after twins!

Not our first - already have a 2yr old that is perfect at chucking tatrums at the most opportune time (for him anyway).

But I have often said to the wife that I don't know how people cope with multiples (twins, triplets, etc).

Benniee

Has anyone got their results yet?

I am curious about the feedback on some of my beers

Kabooby :)

Has anyone got their results yet?

I am curious about the feedback on some of my beers

Kabooby :)

Not yet mate. I'm keenly waiting on feedback also so
I can make some adjustments.

Any news when we will get judging sheets for this comp yet?

I haven't heard anything about the results. The last I heard Dave was overseas so I'm guessing things are drawing his attention away from beer at the moment.

Benniee

I haven't heard anything about the results. The last I heard Dave was overseas so I'm guessing things are drawing his attention away from beer at the moment.

Benniee

Must be very important for that to happen. Team of wild horses?????

Maybe some of the trusty locals (who weren't judges like myself) can lend a hand when he gets back?

I'll help out where I'm allowed.

Shmick

Back