Hag B&t Comp At Potters This Weekend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a picture of the 'Incentives Program'

Now that's just cruel to the people who cant make it (like me!)...

Good luck to all those entering beers. I've entered something, first time in a comp for me so I'm really looking forward to the feedback.

Benniee

Hi Guys,

Comp will kick off at 10AM sharp on Saturday.

I have got the names of all the helpers sorted but there are still some spare seats in the Tarago if transport was stopping you volunteering.

Also if you have booked a seat in the famous van could you please PM me so that I can confirm the pickup and drop-off arrangements.

Thanks
Dave

I talked to Carol, aka thirsty wench today and she said she might be able to make it.

so getting there at 930 isn't going to be a issue then i assume dave. Think I'd be in trouble if i didn't take my 8 month old to swimming lessons.

Where is your dedication? Child, bah, it's beer you're risking!

Dropped a few bottles of lambic off to see what the judges have to say about them.

If you see everyone spitting a beer out...... its one of mine :)

cheers

Thanks guys for the PM's - I will confirm details tomorrow.

But in the meantime if you assume that I will need to leave around 9AM you should be close.

Happy tyo pick up in Cardiff and Elermorevale on the way etc and drop home.

Thanks
Dave

Thanks guys for the PM's - I will confirm details tomorrow.

But in the meantime if you assume that I will need to leave around 9AM you should be close.

Happy tyo pick up in Cardiff and Elermorevale on the way etc and drop home.

Thanks
Dave

Oh, just remembered - don't forget to bering your style manual.

Unless of course you have already memorised it !

Thanks
Dave

Oh, just remembered - don't forget to bering your style manual.

Unless of course you have already memorised it !

Thanks
Dave

Just realised that I have someones style guidelines so if it is yours you can stop looking.

Hopefully I have got the travel arrangements right:

Geoff is getting dropped at my place, then we pick up Mick from the station, Paul and Michael Mosley at Wnasbeck Valley then Tony at Ellermore vale.

Sound right ?

See ya,

Dave

Dave, I can be at your place at 9 if thats easier

I would have loved to come by and help out, but I have to do Uni stuff for the conference in Canberra in a week.
Next time I will rock up in my bavarian outfit!

I'm pretty sure I echo the sentiments of everyone else involved today when I say a big thank you to Dave, aka bigfridge for your tireless work in organising the day and being the designated driver and also a huge thanks to Keith and Craig (and your new boss Hamish) at Potters Brewery for making the day possible. A great day all in all.

If you're reasonably local to, or just passing through, the Hunter, I really recommend you call in and see these guys for some excellent beers and some very good beer convo. Craig, really love your IPA mate, fantastic drinking! And looking forward to coming out for some lunch over the Christmas break and having a taste of your seasonal.

And lastly, thanks to all the fellow HAG's for making the effort today, tis a strong brewing community we have in the Hunter. Double lastly, thanks Trent for your very much valued coaching today, that kind of experience is invaluable to dudes like me

I also would like to add weight to the thanks. Yesterday was such a good day.

Big thanks to Dave for what would of been hours and hours of organisation for such an event. Very selfless of you dave. I think all us BJCP apprentices can't thanks you enough for giving us such a fantastic opportunity and for the hours of your time that you are giving up to help us become more educated beer appreciators.

As always potters were extra hospitable despite it being a Saturday, the busiest day for them up there. There were times where it was absolutely buzzing with tourists and yet they still made sure that we were all comfotable. Big thanks to the potters crew.

Personally I got to judge with Les which was great. Thanks Les for your time just explaining flavours, characters and talking about styles with me. It was great to have someone as a mentor.

The hag community is really strong and supportive one each other. I really appreicate having people that are so good to have a chat with, so good to have a beer with. Thanks to Mark for all your hours and $$ you have invested into HAG. You have a great brewing community connected to your brew shop and I really hope that everyone appreciates that.

I also would like to add weight to the thanks. Yesterday was such a good day.

Big thanks to Dave for what would of been hours and hours of organisation for such an event. Very selfless of you dave. I think all us BJCP apprentices can't thanks you enough for giving us such a fantastic opportunity and for the hours of your time that you are giving up to help us become more educated beer appreciators.

As always potters were extra hospitable despite it being a Saturday, the busiest day for them up there. There were times where it was absolutely buzzing with tourists and yet they still made sure that we were all comfotable. Big thanks to the potters crew.

Personally I got to judge with Les which was great. Thanks Les for your time just explaining flavours, characters and talking about styles with me. It was great to have someone as a mentor.

The hag community is really strong and supportive one each other. I really appreicate having people that are so good to have a chat with, so good to have a beer with. Thanks to Mark for all your hours and $$ you have invested into HAG. You have a great brewing community connected to your brew shop and I really hope that everyone appreciates that.
I really enjoyed judging with Lee, and seeing his strengths, and highlighting my strengths and deficiencies. I was having trouble tasting lacto in any beer yesterday, so some of my own comp entries may have had lacto in them and I didn't/couldn't detect it.
It was a good day, and having the Thirstywench on Stewarding duties made it all easier and smoother.

The HAG guys are a supportive network, and I'm glad I didn't take the option to stay away, as I was planning. Even though I only spent a single session of judging, I felt like an integral part of the team, and that was great.

I look forward to my feedback and the comp results, especially B0S.
Les

I look forward to my feedback and the comp results, especially B0S.
Les

Results being prepared now - it was a little last to do it yesterday especially as I got home at 11 pm.

Here are some pics of the day showing the judges at work together with the mysterious man who runs the score room.

Dave

img_3929.jpg
img_3930.jpg
img_3931.jpg
img_3933.jpg
img_3934.jpg
img_3935.jpg
img_3936.jpg
img_3937.jpg
img_3938.jpg
img_3939.jpg
img_3941.jpg

Congrats Trent, that beer was very nice. As it warmed up it had a real walnut flavour to it.

woo hoo..... my CAP got a place.

A beer i brewed got a place.

I cant believe it

maybe things are turning for the better!

Im a happy man. Easily pleased i know but a place means i wasn't infected....... and that means........

I can still brew drinkable beer!

Hope my kolsch in the fermenter works out to replace the keg of infected shit im drinking now...... hence me pulling from the case swap.

cheers and cant wait to see full results to see how bad my other lambics went :)

hehe

cheers

I had the pleasure of judging it Tony. Very nice beer, beaten by a nose by Trent's entry which went on to get BOS.

Well i did invite your round to try it on tap mate!

i wasnt lying about it being good but i understand peoples caution on my beers these days.

I think i have it beat........ the next few months will tell.

cheers

PS....... maybe HAG's will be alowed to enter the ESB sydney comp next time round.... ????

Back