Had Your Chill Pill Today ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Duck

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have about a 30-45 minute drive to/from work each day and spend most of that listening to the radio.

My current station has been advertising the "Cenovis ChillPill" about every 5 minutes which annoyingly seems to have implanted itself into my brain.

So while browsing the web last night, I figured I would have a look at what was in it that would provide the stress relief.

Imagine my surprise when I see the following:

Active Ingredients
  • Rhodiola rosea (Arctic root) extract equiv. to dry root 400mg
  • Humulus lupulus (Hops) extract equiv. to dry flower 500mg
I have known for quite some time that you can use hop flowers inside your pillow to help with insomnia but never considered just eating the flowers :blink:

Maybe that explains why brewers are such a chilled out bunch :lol:

At $16 for 60 tabs it is not cheap... also wonder what variety of hops they would have used ?

Wondering if there is a recipe in it ?

Duck

We make it up here in the Brisbane plant, and no we don't get a specific variety of hops, it's generic.

I have noticed when looking at the ingredients a fair few of the newer herbal "sleep aids" also tend to pair valerian with a big whack of hops.

We make it up here in the Brisbane plant, and no we don't get a specific variety of hops, it's generic.

Any chance of some "samples" ? :mellow:

I know a certain SWMBO who could do with a few in her weeties :p

So that's where the Chinese hops are ending up.

I've seen hops at one of the herb and spice sellers at the freo markets, I presume they were selling them for people to make up there own "herbal remedies" I didn't check how much they were going for, they were sitting there in a clear plastic bulk bin, not uv or vaccum sealed at all!!

Hops are an old remedy for calming, probably not as effective as valerian or kava but definitely more tasty!

Latest posts

Back