GUTEN

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I have contacted them, Australia is not on their postage list so will have to wait for the reply, I have found shops in the UK do not like to take off the VAT
but other European countries will .

No stress they put back delivery of the 50l two weeks.
They recon that they are working on the water gauge.
I am hoping this means that the marks on the side resemble the actual amount.

620rossco said:
No stress they put back delivery of the 50l two weeks.
They recon that they are working on the water gauge.
I am hoping this means that the marks on the side resemble the actual amount.

Haha, I hope so the ones on the 30L I think are just for show as they are way off from my experience, not sure how they could get it so wrong so maybe I am reading something wrongly, maybe they've taken the dead space under the false bottom into account?

Hi Guys,

I sent Sophia who is a sales rep for Aust at Guten a link to this thread.
They sent 2 emails back:

Dear Ross,
Thank you for your kindly information.

Please kindly help me to post " Adjust the pump flow rate is very important" .
Slower flow rate of pump is better.

If element burn out, you can use some vinegar to clean it.
I read the final comment as use vinegar to remove the adhesive on a burned out element.

This machine is designed for immerse chiller.
If using counter flow chiller, the ingredient may block the pump.
Interesting because I think the GF uses a counter flow chiller.

I think the vinegar comment is probably more likely to mean you can clean any burn marks off the SS not disolve the element cement.

With regards to the pump, I had a lot of trub in my batch and I used the pump to get into fermentor as the bazooka was blocked, pump worked fine, when I finished I took the bottom off and looked at the pump to see if I needed to clean and drain any trub out but was no sign of any. BTW I assume if the pump does block you need to remove the clear tubing to drain it? I didn't see anything else that was obvious as a drain point, just looks like 10-12mm tubing held on with plastic ties.

Interesting rossco about the counterflow chiller being as they are both the same pump, also interesting Leyther is you have cable ties on your pump connections I have hose clamps on mine.
May be worthwhile rossco to send a link to Sophia about the Lauter Helix, they are keen to listen to any comments to improve their system, let her know that the bazooka is disappointing, even though using a hop sock I haven't had a problem but always aware that I may strike the bazooka when whirlpooling.
I have sent 2 emails now to different retailers of that Italian Helix and heard nothing back, either lazy bastards or not keen on sending to Australia, think it is probably the former.

May be worthwhile rossco to send a link to Sophia about the Lauter Helix, they are keen to listen to any comments to improve their system,
Sure I think that is a good idea WEAL.

Got a reply back from the second Italian, "Mr Malty" will take off the VAT as long as I submit an ABN, don't know what difference that makes either protocol for their taxation dept. So that is no problem I will write back and ask for postage price for 5 units and also the difference between the Mattmill one and the Italian one. And wait and see the response from Sophia.
I was thinking about the counterflow for the GF, does the GF come with a pickup tube going to the outer edge of the unit? Otherwise it would be sucking up all the trub, unless the inlet for the pump is on the outermost side of the unit.

Hi lads, I sent then a request for the maltmill filter.
They asked me to communicate the following about the pump:

Meanwhile, when the pump is blocked, please follow below step.

1. Flush the pump by connecting a hose to the curve pipe
2. Dismantle the pump to remove the ingredients.
Should hear about the filter tomorrow, Sophia is quite prompt.

Rossco

Sophia's reply was:

Dear Rossco,
I notice there's pipe from malt mill.
I just studying it.

Cause this pipe cost is much higher, for normal buyer, they will not willing to spend this money from start unless they love our machine after 1st or 2nd use.

So, our distributor will not accept price increase cause of this.
That's leads to no qty demand for this part.

But I already looking for the spring, and see if we can amend it ourself.
Will get back to you later about this.
I replied that it could be offered as an option and that if they can find some we would be interested in a few.
Dunno if we're making progress but tryin...

Rossco

Well done rosco, at least they are aware of an alternative, just a thought, doesn't matter who sends it, but just in case you didn't send the link to the UK dissatisfaction with the Ace bazooka, any one of us could send that link to urge them to do something similar to the lauter helix.
I have 2 members of our brewing club interested now, and one envious Grainfather user.

So looking at the specs of the 50 litre model, it is 3000w at 220v. Will this run on standard 10 amp power or will it need 15 amp?

Thanks in advance
steve

guten specs.JPG

nifty said:
So looking at the specs of the 50 litre model, it is 3000w at 220v. Will this run on standard 10 amp power or will it need 15 amp?

Thanks in advance
steve
'will' this run isnt the question..
'should' you attempt to use this on a standard 10 amp outlet..

No, its going to draw around 12-13A on full load

nifty said:

Thanks in advance
steve
It will require a 15 amp point. Not sure what these would be shipped to you with either 10 amp standard plug top, small pins
Or
A 15 amp plug with large earth pin, small active and neutral pins.

Not sure if these Glutens are aust standards electrically compliant, I'd be checking with the manufacturer to see if these are for insurance etc

3000 watts, it's going to be pulling 14 odd amps, plus maybe pump and controller load etc, so yeah , it will most likely need a 15 amp circuit like the 50ltr breumeister

Back