GUTEN

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will require a 15 amp point. Not sure what these would be shipped to you with either 10 amp standard plug top, small pins
Or
A 15 amp plug with large earth pin, small active and neutral pins.
Yeah they have been checking this with me. Looks like a standard 15amp plug to me. Work with their gear when I make reduced beer, 220v that they make works fine.
med_gallery_28302_1455_71289.jpg

I looked at their spring and wondered did it actually need the 'T' piece like the European one or would it work like this coiled with a cap on the other end? This would make it easier to attach and remove. What do you recon lads?

med_gallery_28302_1455_652832.jpg

BTW my 50litre is due to be shipped this week. I have no affiliation with them other than to ensure it works when it arrives. They seem keen to receive feedback from their target market over here.

Rossco

That would work Rossco I have seen similar on other systems, pity we didn't know the supplier, buy the stainless plumbing fittings from Swan and put it together our selves.
Their is a brewing expo coming up in Shanghai, I have been systematically working through the list of exhibitors but it is so time consuming, I have been to a few shows there before (non brewing) and they are massive, don't really want to go there so I have been checking what each exhibitor makes, just looking for something useful.

Haven't heard back from Mr Malt since I told him I would give an ABN, but I have found a manufacturer in China, I will find out the wire gauge which is used to make the tension spring, I know it is 21 mm O/D and I will order one long length.

Sorry to chime in for a lead, but I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the 50ltr version as well. Can someone point me to the source link so I can investigate?

Being trying to go through the threads on here and other on the forum and keep coming up short.

Cheers,
Rod.

Thanks Rossco.

I have looking at the Braumister for a while and was about to pull the trigger on one when I came across WEAL's posts. Considering I have a 50ltr setup already which is a 3V system that is been dragged together I wouldn't mind a less costing / more compact system in the 1V setup but didn't want to go back to a 30 ltr system.

I will follow with anticipation.

Cheers,
Rod.

Making progress with the Chinese spring filter, very quick response time, still waiting for the Italians, I don't know how hard a question,'How much is shipping'
Have sent the details of the spring filter manufacturer to Guten and backed up Rossco's claim that it would be a better system than the current one.
Also sent the UK video of the lauter helix, even if they have already seen it should help emphasise a point of improvement.

I'll let you know when they contact me Rod.
They were working to a delivery date round the 14th.
I have a 97L setup with a custom abor fab stainless basket.
I am just after more temperature control and recirculation.
Cheers for contacting them WEAL, I think they are more likely to offer it as as option.

Rossco

So group buy on the Chinese one looking favourite at this point! I'm in!!! Probably be cheaper than the Italian one too!

Rod they filled my order.
The Guten 50litre is being delivered today.
I will post some pics as soon as I am able but it will be a few days.

Hi everyone,

Been away working and just got back.
Decided to post a few 50litre Guten images.
Total capacity is 50litres so hoping batches of around 40litres will be possible.
med_gallery_28302_1455_189003.png

Guten packaging, same same...
med_gallery_28302_1455_445417.png

With Malt pipe.
med_gallery_28302_1455_183766.png

Same computer and control. Rattles when I shake it, is the pump floating?
med_gallery_28302_1455_114618.png

med_gallery_28302_1455_431118.png

Busy this weekend, I'll make a AG wort next weekend.
WEAL where does the silicon washer go??

Rossco

Nice Rossco, Good luck with the first brew!

Rodders..

Rosco, how did your brew go?

I'm putting on a double IPA this weekend, 6kg of grain so might be pushing the smaller version to its limit, I've bought a hop spider this time for the boil hops so I wont block the bazooka this time, will report back how that goes.

My first brew I did a sparge but I've been reading that these systems are basically BIAB, hence if I use a BIAB profile in Beersmith its going to result in a lot more inital water (28L I recall), with a 6KG grain bill I'm concerned it might end up covering the overflow pipe and most of it going down there.

Weal, when you did your 6.6kg brew I note you said you used a silicone tube to prevent this, how much water did you have in at the time?

Hey Guys,

I'm having an issue with my machine tonight, putting a brew on tomorrow so just thought I would get out clean up and relearn setting the program up, plugged in and noticed the temp was fluctuating all over the place, very strange, anyway I looked under it to find the temp sensor cable had come unplugged from the PCB, I just thought maybe I had distrubed it when I took the base off last time to check the pump was clear. Anyway plugged back into the PCB and thought that would be end of it, however when I turned back on again its still all over the place, rechecked and it is plugged into PCB.

Have any of you seen the temp go all over the place like this? I wonder if the sensor or the PCB have gone faulty. I put on a manual 50C heat for 10mins and after 3 mins I can see steam but the reading is showing 1C.

Seriously pissed off, will have to call off tomorrows brewday as cant use it like this. Gonna get in touch with them see what they say.

OK, turned off at mains and left it for 10mins, now seems to be reading correctly, puzzling and concerning but will see how it goes tomorrow.

I did email Sandy so will see what she says.

Back