GUTEN

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't even find them, you got a link at all?

Anyway for me they'd have to be darned cheap compared to the one's available locally.
Otherwise I'll have to stick to kegmenters.
I have never actually seen one so can't comment, forgotten all about them until someone had told me that Guten also had a conical fermenter and getting a sample.

sp0rk, I doubt they will be pressurized, but knowing that they follow the threads on here one never knows.

I don't think he's worried about people who have bought a Guten, it looks to me that he's worried about the advice you are giving. It looks like worry that's warranted.

Everyone’s an adult and I’m sure they can make the decision as to do they fix it themselves or send it off to be assessed by KK.
Some peeps just need to relax and let people make their own decisions in life.

Anyone have any info about this https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.9.37103d7cHNZCmm
Looks alright but who knows.
What would the shipping/import etc costs likely run to?
If they are high I might get local shipping to Shanghai and get all the extra bits taken off so it get's down to Airline luggage limits -assuming overall size isn't too big.
Wife and her sister are regular fliers to and from Shanghai / Melbourne :)

Might need someone with experience ordering overseas to enquire and maybe advertise an EOI for a bulk order?

It's not a question of whether or not KK would do it though. You're avoiding my question again by droning on about the differences in warranty vs guarantee. Thankfully others have taken to answering the simple question, which is, will in-warranty Gutens have their KegKing warranties voided if brewers follow your repair instructions - and it seems that they will.

I also can't find any copy of Keg King's warranty policy, which is a bit weird
It is on their website also on the Guten itself.

Brewed today, 23 litre Fullers London Pride clone, tried the lodging the malt pipe a little higher to get the full volume mash, handle holes blocked, worked a treat, as I have mentioned before don't go trying this with higher Plato beers.
Braumeister handle came in handy for lifting the malt pipe.
002.JPG 003.JPG
Link would be handy here. If it's there now, they've just put it up
I have asked them about the 1 year warranty, unconditional, abuse of system withstanding.

Brewed today, 23 litre Fullers London Pride clone, tried the lodging the malt pipe a little higher to get the full volume mash, handle holes blocked, worked a treat, as I have mentioned before don't go trying this with higher Plato beers.
View attachment 114069 View attachment 114070

I have asked them about the 1 year warranty, unconditional, abuse of system withstanding.

Where did you get the mesh thingamijigger (I think that's the technical term for it) at the top of the malt pipe? One of them would be great at the top of the malt pipe on my R3.

Where did you get the mesh thingamijigger (I think that's the technical term for it) at the top of the malt pipe? One of them would be great at the top of the malt pipe on my R3.
it just looks like a regular bazooka / hop screen to me

fdsaadf is correct it is the bazooka which is supplied with the Guten, most who have got the helix as the filter put the bazooka on the top of the overflow pipe. I have silicone tube jammed up mine so only the top 18mm is the overflow.

View attachment 114069 View attachment 114070

Looks like you use the top screen. Doesn't seem warranted with that set up.

Nice trick. I tried it last night while I brewed 40L of Motueka Summer Ale.

Works pretty well. :cheers:

T874G99fsTO64s-ZLB2zhO1CU1GeMJc1cBJPrzltXd0xSV-6sorlljXPrkfeDG32KJYelw2QxMNTAYm0_PNMZ0UqyFdAm6H0Q6MMPuyajKB9e4jAOIpN52yKy1kNf2GU2prAcfD6wQKFTMA1oelTluX_1yDNR5ZD62swNkzl34IINzSUaHqzghBfmhcjfAxinye7ESM3I8bjBOBkpUwBOk3agW6hg-7KpFzsPgdzErwbyJ68q6RgHV_MuOpwcvM6ZrzEZRLLuzchXK57W9CBDtyRrcCQB6LQxrfiJiKim47H2qB6sluGjhki-vgNfBD8xai8QFoc7DiDpn905OQEXIVfxnnYZqa6gkPJjAH5OVGqLDpOXNxNMkALmM3MRkHei_jcKcUE4rpF-h2eojF_q2EgDAK41OoZlpflU89x5iX459LOTOawa6y-GjdfkUzE4mLJ8Fjx9mhKs-bqI8dDeY5XuQl6wRXHwJaRXjNQWfi642CxOUlwqfe9hM5F_51sYX-3Ss6Nmkd7x1zU920psH-HEwmvrY1my5iQNSaqIgBblyQMP9MJJOMUMnwd4cftLSP33zEdTKS6mZUeOPRRdtZA7fxPG3PqpatnDti8NSq-vjEyRMDV1eoQHPKnBtpkrYE-lHcAUI1F_AI2QwhZGtX1eoUngEKpc0YUUmU0hz-ZSg=w433-h817-no

Hope this is on topic enough.
I've done and tasted 5 brews of my crappy APA in the Guten now plus a few others
Each one seems the same to me, something I couldn't do with BIAB.
One would be more bitter or less/more malt coming through etc.
Apart from the bottom screen problem which is fixed by turning it dome up, I've had no major issues.
I have had a pump block but it was caused by grain going down the overflow pipe.
I now use the crappy bazooka supplied with the unit on top of the overflow.
I have a lauter helix attached to the bottom tap.

It works and works quite well.

I'm more than happy with the purchase and even if it dies a little past warranty I think I'll have got my moneys worth.

The repeatability is what I really like the most, but being able to dial in all the stuff you want to do and not have to worry so much about it is great too.

Only thing I don't like now is that lid. It's going to get replaced with something more useful.

Only thing I don't like now is that lid. It's going to get replaced with something more useful.

Its the pipe from the pump that sucks. sick of taking it off and on to get the lid off and on.

I think I will just get a male camlock with a barb on it and fit a length of silicone hose and use that instead. WIll just need to make sure the silicone hose will fit in the lid hole.

Latest posts

Back