GUTEN

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Lads,

Me and my brew mates brought in a few of these 30L Guten / Ace units. We wanted one each and I work in the freight industry so I got a few extra to make it worthwhile. They include the immersion chiller and a hop spider. If anyone is in the market for one shoot me a message.

Cheers,

Rob

Anything electrical has to carry a certification of compliance stamped on the side, if you import something solely for your own use that is fine but for resale it isn't. It is a money making exercise, the EU certification is more rigorous than AU/NZ but electrical goods for resale still have to have been inspected and certification issued when sold here.

May have to be a bit careful selling them, even though they are EU certified they are not AU certified, don't know if there is a way around this.
They have a capacity of greater than 10L so are not considered a "Declared Electrical Product". From my understanding Certification is not mandatory for non-declared products. They still have to meet minimum safety requirements for electrical products, which they do.

They have a capacity of greater than 10L so are not considered a "Declared Electrical Product". From my understanding Certification is not mandatory for non-declared products. They still have to meet minimum safety requirements for electrical products, which they do.
where are you located?

I checked a while ago I was thinking of bringing in a container of 30 and 50 litre models and they definitely should have the compliance certificate, though to be fair I am sure that Zhongshan Jinchu would have paid 1/2 the cost if I had committed to the purchase. It is a wank when they already carry the EU certification, and I would have every confidence in the safety but it is just to cover your own back.Someone else checked as well, one of the AHB retailer's.

I checked a while ago I was thinking of bringing in a container of 30 and 50 litre models and they definitely should have the compliance certificate, though to be fair I am sure that Zhongshan Jinchu would have paid 1/2 the cost if I had committed to the purchase. It is a wank when they already carry the EU certification, and I would have every confidence in the safety but it is just to cover your own back.Someone else checked as well, one of the AHB retailer's.
Capture.JPG

I agree it's a massive wank, but it's not listed in appendix E of AS/NZS 4417.2 so I'm going with certification being optional.

So earlier in the thread braided hose was mentioned, did that work for draining the wort? I've got a few lengths left over from my old mash tun and was wondering if it could be used instead of the spring thingy?

thanks
steve

How are people finding the 50 litre models?

Any major issues with the units at all?

I've spoken to Sandy and been awaiting a reply.

How are people finding the 50 litre models?

Any major issues with the units at all?

I've spoken to Sandy and been awaiting a reply.

Havent used mine in anger yet, but hopefully soon. Bloody work keeps getting in the way.

Can someone please tell me what this silicone elbow is for? I can't for the life of me work it out, and it's way thinner in diameter than the elbows going to and from the pump

ff77aa45ce903add72cdaaf842eec87e.jpg

Its a spare. Its the same as the type of hose that are on my pump. Maybe its an older type and your pump has a newer type on them? My machine came with a spare like this.

I thought it was a spare for the pump too, as it's the same shape and silicone material. But the ID and OD of the 'spare' is about half of that which is on the pump....

Another observation from my brew day, those volume markings on the side of the machine seem well off, I wonder if they are with the malt pipe in but then you wouldn't be able to see them so they seem a bit pointless
Found out why the markings are out, when they embossed the Grainfather increments with the roller, they used the same roller to mark the Guten, as the Guten has a larger diameter the increments are thrown out of whack.
Would have thought the tech dept would have picked up on that, or they did and just ignored it.

Latest posts

Back