GUTEN

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think rossco paid that Lionman, I remember someone saying either $600 or $650.

Agree with nosco on the gauge of the Guten and Robobrew you can add the GF into the mix too. Anything heavier than that and you will have to be looking at the BM.

The fermenter isn't far away either.

Last edited:
I got quoted about $400AUD for the cost of the 50L plus postage and $330 for the 30L. I've dealt with Alibaba a few times before and the more you buy, the cheaper it is... obviously I guess. So if anyone in SEQ is interested in getting one, let me know and maybe we could get a deal going??

Doesn't work like that with Guten, a pallet load they may knock a bit off, a container load, a lot off. For two pieces they offered me a free set of hop scales and a couple of hop socks.

I imagine it would be very hard to measure because of the lip on the top. If your thinking about the durability of both machines Im guessing that they would be made from exactly the same grade and thickness of stainless.

about 10 brews in with mine now and no issues with the steel at all, to me it looks better quality than the robos i've seen at Keg King.

Did a pilsner on the weekend, target post boil gravity should have been ~1.050 however once again i've come in very high at 1.061, what was supposed to be a ~5% beer is now looking at closer to 7!!! I don't want a 7% pilsner so I'll have to add ~4L water to get it down to where it needs to be. This has been a common issue I've had since using the GUTEN, I use beersmith and although I keep tweaking the settings I'm still missing a trick somewhere. I have upped the boil off rate by my suspicions are its still not high enough as my fermentor volumes are usually lower than expected.

Anyone else having this issue or managed to tune (and get accurate) their beersmith settings for the GUTEN?

Did a pilsner on the weekend, target post boil gravity should have been ~1.050 however once again i've come in very high at 1.061, what was supposed to be a ~5% beer is now looking at closer to 7!!! I don't want a 7% pilsner so I'll have to add ~4L water to get it down to where it needs to be. This has been a common issue I've had since using the GUTEN, I use beersmith and although I keep tweaking the settings I'm still missing a trick somewhere. I have upped the boil off rate by my suspicions are its still not high enough as my fermentor volumes are usually lower than expected.

Anyone else having this issue or managed to tune (and get accurate) their beersmith settings for the GUTEN?
We'll I had the opposite issue last run with a hefeweizen, came under the target OG. Aside from that I've really enjoyed using it so far.

We'll I had the opposite issue last run with a hefeweizen, came under the target OG. Aside from that I've really enjoyed using it so far.

Dont get me wrong I love the machine, works a treat I just need to get the software dialed in better.

I use Magical Pancakes equip profile and over 5 brews ive been within a degree or 2. Learning how to use Beersmith may take a while though

I use Magical Pancakes equip profile and over 5 brews ive been within a degree or 2. Learning how to use Beersmith may take a while though
Nosco, can you post a pic of your equipment profile, also whats your brewhouse efficiency set to?

When you boil what do you set the power on the machine to? I usually use 2000W

Ill post the profile when i get a chance but im pretty someone posted it in this thread a while back.

Im not sure about bh efficiency. Like i said im still learning BS so in saying that i guess its at the default.

I have been boiling at 1900W as per someones sudgestion on the face book page so about the same. It seems to work well. Ive been tending towards a less vigorous boil these days. Ive been using 1200w for maintaining mash temps but that might be a bit low as it seems to struggle sometimes.

Would love to hear some more feedback from anyone who has the 50l model... Brewdays, niggles, batch sizes etc.

Ill post the profile when i get a chance but im pretty someone posted it in this thread a while back.

Im not sure about bh efficiency. Like i said im still learning BS so in saying that i guess its at the default.

I have been boiling at 1900W as per someones sudgestion on the face book page so about the same. It seems to work well. Ive been tending towards a less vigorous boil these days. Ive been using 1200w for maintaining mash temps but that might be a bit low as it seems to struggle sometimes.

Cheers, I mash at higher than that, usually 1500-2000, pretty sure its just my boil off that's out, I trawled around a lot before deciding on the dead space, etc so I think those are probably good.

I've been mashing on around 1600, boiling at 2000.

I've read online about blokes boiling at full noise and completely effing the thing up in no time.

Nosco, can you post a pic of your equipment profile, also whats your brewhouse efficiency set to?

This is Magical Pancake's setup, which Nosco said that he used

beers.jpg

VW9d4PS8p0W6O3Hl2

Apologies if it has been asked before but whats the grain limit on the 30lt Guten? Or I should say what have other people pushed it to. Im planning a DIPA with 7kg for this weekend. Ill go a bit more if I can.

BS says 33.78 mash volume needed with a "red dot" but thats with a 90min boil. 50% pils and old habits. I guess stirring will be tricky too.

Latest posts

Back