GUTEN

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably nothing new to 3Vers but as a BIABer im really impressed at how clear the wort gets with this kind of brewing. It seems to help with the final product as well.

Attachments

• 1501302128704.jpg
    1501302128704.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 163
I may have an upcoming decision between a Guten and a Grainfather.....
A friend may be selling his GF, with bluetooth controller and extra piping....but I have been following this thread closely, and looking at one of the 50L Gutens. Not only would the Guten end up costing a little less than the secondhand GF, but it would also allow me to do double batches. On the other hand, a GF is a GF, and it has the bluetooth controller......

What are the thoughts of those who have Gutens? Or even hopefully someone who has both??
I'm also wondering what % efficiency you're finding with the Guten (friend gets about 80% on his GF)

Just ordered one of these today, only the 110v 1800w version. Fingers crossed it has a reasonable boil. Living in the southern islands of Japan so hoping for some quick postage.

A sous vede rib eye cooked in the Guten. 60c for 1hr 30. Ill go a lower temp next time. Very tender and juicy

Attachments

• 1501328241225.jpg
    1501328241225.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 241
  • 1501328262039.jpg
    1501328262039.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 239
  • 1501328274809.jpg
    1501328274809.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 200
closely, and looking at one of the 50L Gutens. Not only would the Guten end up costing a little less than the secondhand GF, but it would also allow me to do double batches.

Go best of both worlds. It would be very easy to disconnect the Guten's own controller and wire up SSRs and plugs to allow using a Grainfather Connect Controller. The GF mobile app & controller firmware will do their business as usual, perfectly fine on your larger vessel.

It would be very easy to disconnect the Guten's own controller and wire up SSRs and plugs to allow using a Grainfather Connect Controller. The GF mobile app & controller firmware will do their business as usual, perfectly fine on your larger vessel.

Maybe if I had some sort of electric/circuitry knowledge....there's no way that I would have the confidence to do that without clear instructions!

Just ordered one of these today, only the 110v 1800w version. Fingers crossed it has a reasonable boil. Living in the southern islands of Japan so hoping for some quick postage.
It is quick, if I remember right ordered mine on a Friday delivered Monday.

goatchop, comparing the 2 side by side the finish on the Guten is superior and it has a slightly bigger capacity, and also carrying handles, efficiency would be much the same, as the process is identical, the biggest difference is the price.

I had read with the Grainfather to keep scraping the bottom of the unit to prevent any build up but when emptied found everything to be sound, easier to clean than the BM so happy with the purchase.

Just out of curiosity. What sort of mash paddle do you use to 'scrape' the bottom of your guten/Grainfather/BM? Plastic, wood, stainless?

Sorry if I've missed it somewhere but does someone have the supplier or link to a website where people are ordering these? I'm interested in the 50l model.

Cheers all,

As I am no the most electrically minded bloke going around, I feel the need to confirm this with others here:
The 35L model is 2500W, whereas the 50L is 3000W. My understanding is that this means that the 35L model is fine to run on a standard 10A outlet/circuit, whereas the 50L model would require a 15A outlet? (One of which I do not have in my house. I regret not including one when I had it built last year :mad:)

Depends on you're voltage supply
Over here in the west ours is 254 V
So I =W/V
If Vic is 240 V then yes 10 amps

As I am no the most electrically minded bloke going around, I feel the need to confirm this with others here:
The 35L model is 2500W, whereas the 50L is 3000W. My understanding is that this means that the 35L model is fine to run on a standard 10A outlet/circuit, whereas the 50L model would require a 15A outlet? (One of which I do not have in my house. I regret not including one when I had it built last year :mad:)
Yeah 50litre requires a 15a circuit.

Latest posts

Back