Guten / Brew Monk

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really a question for me more a question to KegKing. Logically I would say that whoever has taken over the helm at KK is a pretty astute businessman, he needed a single vessel brewery and being the astute businessman that he is would have looked around the traps and came across the Guten thread on here. Plenty of us bought direct to get quality at a reasonable price, after further investigation he would have found that over 180,000 has been sold in Eastern and Western Europe alone and on top of that has good reviews! So what we have now is KK taking delivery of 30 and 50 litre units hopefully this week. what do you get for $380 and $740, units that have a mirror finish, step programs, variable wattage (important) and if it is the current model a hop timer (novelty) and a recipe memory database.
And a one year warranty. ( always better to buy something which is proven)

Now on the other hand another importer can go and copy the feature of the camlock and the tap of the Guten, do a programmable step mash, not worry about a variable wattage, or recipe memory, put in a false bottom as security to protect anything going into the cheap pump, get it made up and sell it to the punters dearer than the Guten.

Do you work for, or have a personal relationship with someone high up in KegKing mate? This post and many others about KK over the last few months do hint strongly at it. It makes it appear that you are certainly tied to them in some way, outside of the normal consumer-business relationship

Do you work for, or have a personal relationship with someone high up in KegKing mate? This post and many others about KK over the last few months do hint strongly at it. It makes it appear that you are certainly tied to them in some way, outside of the normal consumer-business relationship
Well if I was connected to KegKing I would have answered in the quote you put up as KegKing, also why would I have been organising a bulk buy for the Guten? Why have I organised a bulk buy for the PRV's? And if I went into a business it wouldn't be a business with a limited customer base, it would be in a much broader customer base selling to a much wider audience.

I do think Keg King got the shitty end of the stick when all the staff left them in the lurch, but to their credit they didn't roll over and die, they are fighting back,which is what I like to see in not only people but businesses which have been left with their backs against the wall. I don't know what is going on behind the scenes but I like what I have seen with the way they have emerged with new product since Christmas. And if you checked the earlier posts it was I which was ridiculing them about the flippers and spear guns.

As for me I am presently just a humble gardener setting up raised vegetable beds and hydroponic systems, with as much work as I need.
So lets try and keep things on topic.

Maybe more like a thorn in the side of some who cast aspersions rather than staying on topic and responding without foul language.
If you consider the word "arse" on an adult brewing forum as inappropriate, consider not turning on your TV or going outside either, the real world sounds a bit harsh too.

As for "staying on topic" - it seems members couldn't praise other retailers in their own threads without being attacked with unjustified accusations by our friend WEAL here so it seems only fair to return the favour.
WEAL is extremely biased. And he is a pain in the arse. You are as well it seems.

</rant>

If you consider the word "arse" on an adult brewing forum as inappropriate, consider not turning on your TV or going outside either, the real world sounds a bit harsh too.

As for "staying on topic" - it seems members couldn't praise other retailers in their own threads without being attacked with unjustified accusations by our friend WEAL here so it seems only fair to return the favour.
WEAL is extremely biased. And he is a pain in the arse. You are as well it seems.

</rant>
These things tend to be used by those who have nothing to contribute and has nothing to do with what’s appropriate. Reckon WEAL must be on to a raw nerve and the reaction is so predictable.

So lets try and keep things on topic.

I was merely making an observation and wanting to understand your motives. I thought it best to clarify your position and whether you were affiliated with them, as it may affect how others view your comments. I certainly did not intend it to be a personal attack, nor was it worded as such.

We can all stop getting grumpy at each other over nothing now

EDIT: for spelling

I didn't take it as a personal attack but I could see your point of view, so an explanation was given.
So what your saying is you have resorted to personally attacking me, insinuating I am some how affiliated with Keg Land; wait how many times now? Grow a fucken set mate. Put up or shut the **** up!
You have stated so many times what is going on with this split, KL stealing, Staff walking out, Khee/KL interfering with their requisition of stock, the whole law suit bullshit.

Ya think those on the ground know/knew more than you?
Ya think loyalty is a thing? And easily bought or earned?
I've seen entire hotel chains taken over in 24hrs without the bullshit that's taken place here, and on the ground staff would be the last to get rid of but yet they left, wonder WHY?
Those on the lowest wages still have to pay their bills, what was SO wrong at Keg King that they left?

And yep I'll keep going you, while eva you keep being so one eyed.
Note Your 2 BB threads have remained drama free.
Pity you don't show the same sort of respect to others on this forum.

End of the day Keg king won't even cough to support this forum so they could have their own retailers thread, why do they need it when they have a stooge like you.

Last edited:
Reckon you could just ask Keg King and they might enlighten you but that would need a set I guess so you rather attack here where its pretty bloody obvious Keg King is not allowed to participate. If they were then they would have been here a long time ago so all your bile makes no sense.

Reckon you could just ask Keg King and they might enlighten you but that would need a set I guess so you rather attack here where its pretty bloody obvious Keg King is not allowed to participate. If they were then they would have been here a long time ago so all your bile makes no sense.

You know quite a bit and are quite confident despite only being on here for a couple of months. Makes me wonder if you were/someone else.

I have no horse in this race, just find all this fun to read :)

I'm not interested in taking sides, but KK recently advertised a very attractive offer for the "guten" system - hard to match even with a bulk buy from Alibaba.
I'm not a great gardener - chillies, herbs and recently hops - but I do have a pretty good understanding of running a business. Something I think a few here don't understand...

I'm not interested in taking sides, but KK recently advertised a very attractive offer for the "guten" system - hard to match even with a bulk buy from Alibaba.
I'm not a great gardener - chillies, herbs and recently hops - but I do have a pretty good understanding of running a business. Something I think a few here don't understand...
I'm interested to see this Guten offer from Keg-King, I'm guessing it's not public since Google doesn't show much. So how did you come to see this offer and what's it all about?

I'm interested to see this Guten offer from Keg-King, I'm guessing it's not public since Google doesn't show much. So how did you come to see this offer and what's it all about?

They have advertised the Guten pre order on there Facebook page

Latest posts

Back