Guten / Brew Monk

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They seemed very impressed, the only concern they had will home brewers want the 50 litre because they thought it may be a bit heavy to lift out the grain.

They seemed very impressed, the only concern they had will home brewers want the 50 litre because they thought it may be a bit heavy to lift out the grain.

IMG_5558.JPG

18kg (dry) grist being pulled from a 100L kettle. If I thought to use my other biners I could have set up some mechanical advantage and made my life a lot easier.

They have to have a lot more faith in their 50L customers.

[emoji121]️that beer is getting supped now and it's great. Export Porter - uncompromising and balanced.

Yes that's what I thought plenty of brewers have a 50 litre systems hope they bring in both, have you got the 50 litre Ace, Klarstein and whato ther names they call it overthere.

It'd be interesting to see if anyone will be able to import them with Aus certification after this.

I use the 50L. I bought a pulley to lift the grain basket out, but found that it was more beneficial to sparge into a 50L keg instead, lift the lighter grain basket out by hand, pump back in for the boil. Kills two birds with one stone.

My only concern is the warranty aspect and the fact that they have no control on manufacturing. Literally an off the shelf product From Alibaba.
Can they guarantee warranty in a timely fashion?

Not really a question for me more a question to KegKing. Logically I would say that whoever has taken over the helm at KK is a pretty astute businessman, he needed a single vessel brewery and being the astute businessman that he is would have looked around the traps and came across the Guten thread on here. Plenty of us bought direct to get quality at a reasonable price, after further investigation he would have found that over 180,000 has been sold in Eastern and Western Europe alone and on top of that has good reviews! So what we have now is KK taking delivery of 30 and 50 litre units hopefully this week. what do you get for $380 and $740, units that have a mirror finish, step programs, variable wattage (important) and if it is the current model a hop timer (novelty) and a recipe memory database.
And a one year warranty. ( always better to buy something which is proven)

Now on the other hand another importer can go and copy the feature of the camlock and the tap of the Guten, do a programmable step mash, not worry about a variable wattage, or recipe memory, put in a false bottom as security to protect anything going into the cheap pump, get it made up and sell it to the punters dearer than the Guten.

Not really a question for me more a question to KegKing. Logically I would say that whoever has taken over the helm at KK is a pretty astute businessman, he needed a single vessel brewery and being the astute businessman that he is would have looked around the traps and came across the Guten thread on here. Plenty of us bought direct to get quality at a reasonable price, after further investigation he would have found that over 180,000 has been sold in Eastern and Western Europe alone and on top of that has good reviews! So what we have now is KK taking delivery of 30 and 50 litre units hopefully this week. what do you get for $380 and $740, units that have a mirror finish, step programs, variable wattage (important) and if it is the current model a hop timer (novelty) and a recipe memory database.

Now on the other hand another importer can go and copy the feature of the camlock and the tap of the Guten, do a programmable step mash, not worry about a variable wattage, or recipe memory, put in a false bottom as security to protect anything going into the cheap pump, get it made up and sell it to the punters dearer than the Guten.

your handle should be 'one eyed and legless'

Your right designing something actually take skill and knowledge ... and we know you don't have that.
Sure a D9 would have a hard time laying it on as thick as you.

But who would want the job, a BH5 suit couldn't keep the stench of that out.

Looks like your skill and knowledge is all about personal attack and if there is any stench then it comes from „the big fish“ rotting from the head down more likely. Ever thought about getting back to a real discussion about the merits of products?

Hope Keg King go ahead with it, it will kick some Grainfather arse.

Well kicking arse performance wise would be difficult, yes they will do the same job with the same outcome, they are stablemates after all. Both have that same powerhouse of a pump, the only difference is in the price, excellent marketing by imake (now Bevie) have seen huge sales of the Grainfather throughout the world so good on them for that. And to show I am not 'one eyed' I also have the Braumeister (since 2009) and if I had to get rid of one of my units it would be the Guten, good unit as it is, the quality of the build is there to see in the price of the BM.

Latest posts

Back